Getting boards made...

britlord

Country
usa
Region
Michigan
Guy's I normally use PCBWay to get boards made because they are pretty cheap and fast turn around for small boards. However, this time I uploaded the Gerber's and got a message "we need Gerber file in format of RS-274x" What does that mean.. You see the files are .brd and the ones that I normally send are .gbr. I tried Eagle. But that program can't save the files to .gbr format..

EDIT: just ordered the boards, so all ok.. However I'm looking to get a 060. however, all are from China, so how do I know which are fakes, is this one a fake guys..

EDIT: I've found a Freescale one, and it's not from China (But was very cheap). Though I know that it don't have a FPU...

Attachments

• Freescale.jpg
    Freescale.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Yeah... All the parts are ordered, so I can build some boards. Anyway Guys (Just wondering that's all).. Was the Gerber files available for this board or not, as I do have the build list though and old boards that I can pull a part (For the connectors ect)..

Attachments

• board picture.jpg
    board picture.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
There exists >NO< MC68060RC66 ever. 75G59Y is also the mask value of an MC-Qualified EC/LC Rev 4 part.

The (Rev 6) were only ever marked MC68060RC50 (The MC without an EC/LC in the string implies the Rev 6. But only the XC, Rev 1 and 5, were ever marked 66MHz)

The MC68EC060RC (and LC) have markings of 50, 60, 66 and 75, as they are the Rev 4 'qualified' part.

My definitive research is all here: https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?100206-68060-PCR-Information-(-amp-Request)&highlight=75G59Y

The only definitive way to ID a chip is to plug it in and read the PCR (Chucky's DiagROM, CPU060 tool response, WhichAmiga with a 68060.library loaded - either are valid).

Flag the seller as selling fake re-labeled parts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom