Not open for further replies.

csabanw

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Country
Hungary
Region
Gyor-Moson-Sopron, Mosonmagyarovar
I offer for sale a Portwell Robo-678N Industrial SBC. The Computer is fit to an ISA slot of any computer, or to a passive ISA motherboard.
When you use with passive MB, it can handle PnP ISA cards. I tested it with a Pentium 1, works fine !
The condition as you can see in the pictures, thats taken from the actual item.
The card is tested, working, you can check the photos from the BIOS and so on.
The offer includes an Intel Celeron 667 MHz CPU (you can upgrade to Pentium III), and 256 MB SD memory (you can expand up to 512 MB).

The price is 50 EUR (was 50, 70, 100, 120 EUR) + Postage. I send it to the EU. Payment is via paypal to my account.

Pictires is in my google drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BQ7rdndObWKHdkg7IPGXhUYGN2eodk8s

Thanks for check it !

Last edited:
@csabanw

As a member with a low post count can you supply a photo of the item with a piece of paper showing your forum name and todays date please?

1) what means: "I tested it with a Pentium 1, works fine !"? It's a socket370 board, can't handle Pentium1 CPU
2)wich is the maximum CPU can install? Classic Tualatin 1,4 Ghz?
3)
requires extra power beyond that provided by the slot ISA?

@AlessandroBilbao

1) I tested it in a Pentium 1 mainboard
2) As far as i know the maximum is 1GHz Pentium III (the reference documentation says 933 MHz P III), have no idea about Tualatin
3) Yes. On the center of the board there is a Molex connector (check IMG_3663 on my google drive)

you use aregular pentium 1 board like a backplain?
from what I know insert a sbc in a complete working computer it creates big problems and it doesn't work, both the host mainboard and the sbc try to have control over lbus isa and a disaster happens. I have never tried but many people have told me this

As you see the board itself have his own cpu, ram, ide and fdd controller, usb, lan, graphic hardware, so it works at their own. ATM i don't have passive board, so i can't test the ISA sharing.

You are telling me that both the sbc and the pentium1 that hosts it work correctly at the same time (excluding the control functionality on the ISA bus). Obviously, each connected to its own keyboard and monitor.

@AlessandroBilbao Meanwhile i talk with my friend, who used this board a few years ago in daily basis. He says you are right, it make touble when you put it to a normal PC, but works great in an Amiga w. ISA slot. I think the ISA is need to power up it, that's the reason why i put it to the Pentium mb. The mainboard itself works great with alone, you need to power up just the molex. When you need ISA slots, or somethig you must put it to a passive motherboard, otherwise it can handle external slots.

@timtheloon I calculate tomorrow the shipping cost then send you a PM.

@AlessandroBilbao Meanwhile i talk with my friend, who used this board a few years ago in daily basis. He says you are right, it make touble when you put it to a normal PC, but works great in an Amiga w. ISA slot. I think the ISA is need to power up it, that's the reason why i put it to the Pentium mb. The mainboard itself works great with alone, you need to power up just the molex. When you need ISA slots, or somethig you must put it to a passive motherboard, otherwise it can handle external slots.

@timtheloon I calculate tomorrow the shipping cost then send you a PM.

AH! you put it in the Pentium1 mainboard without power on the Mainboard! Adding power source to the SBC via the molex connector!

@timtheloon Unfortunately the board can't start. I wanted to do a final test after measure the weight and it can't switch off. I try it with another cpu and memory, but nothing.
@mods Please close the topic, the board is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom