Overmann

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Country
Norway
Region
Oslo
Hi there,

I recently bought an Amiga 1000 and I'm looking for a way to get some more ram, a HDD and kickstart into it without cutting traces and making a mess of things. If anyone has some good expansions for the A1000 laying around please let me know. Stuff like the StarBoard 2 (with stardrive?). I don't know what the easiest way to get a kickstart rom in there, but I want to keep the system 1.3. I guess EzdineG's kickstart board and the HC533 would cover most (all) of my bases if I go for internal expansions, but I can't find a HC533 for sale anywhere.

Please PM me if you have anything for sale or just want to offer some suggestions :)

I would say the best way to expand Your A1000 without cutting traces - is to get an A1000 relocator with KS roms and Matzes 8MB + IDE, this will give You a nice setup with 8MB ram and IDE compared with cheap price, yet CPU will remain A1000 stock..
https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?102188-8MB-IDE-autoboot-card-CDTV-RAM-IDE

Well, I'll be damned! That's exactly what I was looking for. Stock CPU is fine really. I have fast amigas, so it's nice to have a stock one at the ready :)
Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to add an accelerator to this setup down the line? Is it possible to get on your waitinglist for these items? :)

Well, I'll be damned! That's exactly what I was looking for. Stock CPU is fine really. I have fast amigas, so it's nice to have a stock one at the ready :)
Yup, still have some prebuilt cards in stock, so these are ready to go, just be carefull, listed price is WITHOUT ribbon cable and CF reader, also relocator is NOT included
Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to add an accelerator to this setup down the line? Is it possible to get on your waitinglist for these items? :)
Yes indeed, You can swap this card out at later point to TF53x, HC533, or Vampire (Type 1 relocator).
Will also work with Matzes 68EC20TK and 68030TK (type 2 relocator)

Sending out payment notification
regards,

-Viktor

I have the exact same setup as Viktor mentioned in his first post. It all fits in there nicely and even the shielding goes back on. You will have fun reversing the kinks in the IDE cable to run it a bit differently to the factory setup due to where the cards sit. After that is sorted, the only problem with the A1000 is the issue of only 512KB of Chip RAM only (with front expansion populated) :(

After that is sorted, the only problem with the A1000 is the issue of only 512KB of Chip RAM only (with front expansion populated) :(

I've been wondering about that. What does low chip ram (lots of fast ram) mean for the usage of the system? What requires chip ram and is unable to use fast?

Well, there are a bunch of games and programmes that need more chip ram instread of fastram. Cannon Fodder, for example, will not run even with 128Mb of Fastram, it needs 1Mb Chip...
It is very hard to upgrade A1000 to full 2MB, a lot of traces and patchwires are needed to be able to do it. Well, actually doughterboard model has all headers/signals necessary, PAL machine is more complicated.. Actually iComp wanted to release such upgrade, but there was also rumors about stopping of Amiga hardware development, so who knows...

DJCock: are you saying that it exists a CPU relocator board WITH onboard kickstart for A1000 that can be used without any rework of the motherboard AND which can take an accelerator board??
I want one too, then.... [emoji4]

What do you think of a HC533 which runs an 'ordinary' 68000 at 33 Mhz ? Should be highly compatible and offers IDE too.

Last edited:
This is not really the question.
I myself experienced that it is difficult to get one. But you can write to sordan.ie and get placed into the waiting list. It took 7 months in my case.
They seem to be sourcing another small batch eventually. I have got mine in December. Unfortunately I still have to fix other things with my A1000.
At least I have setup a nice Workbench 1.3 system CF-Harddisk in UAE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom