Full anodised aluminium front bezel for A4000 - Interest poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the up date PRS

Just got a Question, in the first post it doesn't mention T&T for my order but I'm sure I paid for it according to my PM's but just want to confirm?

Just got a Question, in the first post it doesn't mention T&T for my order but I'm sure I paid for it according to my PM's but just want to confirm?

Yes, you are correct. I've updated the first post.

- - - Updated - - -

I have paid with T&T + insurance too, but it is not listed. :unsure:

- - - Updated - - -

I have informed about the reason of the additional delay, and it is due to the COVID-19 virus and the resulting backlog in work.

Last edited:

- - - Updated - - -

I have paid with T&T + insurance too, but it is not listed. :unsure:

- - - Updated - - -

I have informed about the reason of the additional delay, and it is due to the COVID-19 virus and the resulting backlog in work.

Hi,
I don't see any update by my payment. :huh:

Mmm, indeed. Corrected now!

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have any left for PWR knob + bezel?

Hi Morphine,

Merhaba!

Thank you for your interest. As this is a group buy, all ordered items are paid for in advance. If/when I do a third round, you’ll have the option to sign up for one.

kind regards

Hi all,

Today I've received the message that the parts are in anodizing and will be shipped on monday. Yes, that means another delay of three days, but it seems to be the final delay of production. Now hoping that the shipping haven't been influenced by Corona.

PRS

Hi all,

I trust you and your family are doing well apart from anxiously waiting upon arrival of the aluminum parts. Especially in these uncertain times and for some of us being home bound. Unfortunately, the manufacturer also seems to be struggling as I received the following message yesterday:

Following up here- my sincere apologies, the anodizing process went wrong so we are experiencing a further delay to fix that. The order be shipped by the 27th of March.

This means yet another delay, which I'm also very sorry to report to you.

@tekk:
Please follow this tread for updates on upcoming rounds, but I will probably also send everyone that have indicated their interest a PM upon starting a third round.

Last edited:
I have received the aluminum parts!

First check is they are looking good. I will prepare the individual packages in the coming days and send them out to you.

Woohoo! This are wonderful News! I am happy. :thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::bounceBoingBall::bounceBoingBall::bounceBoingBall::yourock::thanks:

Hi all,

Almost all parts fits perfectly and only the power button needs some attention. You'll need to file some very minute part of either the button or the front itself, especially in the corners. These are not "square" enough, with rounded edges. The probable reason is that there is some margin in the CNC cutting. In the aluminum colored front, I've filed the front panel so the power button is in it's normal position. In the black version, the front will still need some filing and this is the max position of the power button.

Please find an impression of the metal parts as received:
Alu_Both.jpg Alu_B-L.jpg Alu_B-R.jpg Alu_M-L.jpg Alu_M-R.jpg

A difference in "shine" is noticeable where the front is more "brushed" while the drive cover parts are more "pitted" and "shiny". The difference is the right pictures showing the 3.5" drive covers is exaggerated due to the photograph, in real life it is not that bad but still noticeable. It depends on how the light falls on the object as also can be seen in the far most left picture. On the black items, there is some dust (maybe the room needs some vacuum cleaning ;)).
Nonetheless, I have filed a complaint with the request if they could remake these parts.

The most disturbing part is that there are some very tiny holes on the left and right of the lower 3,5" cover. Here the hole on the backside (for the mounting screws) is too deep. Again the allowed margins were here too large and we ran out of material.

Wow, amazing, and the black one looks even more amazing! In the end did you order a black batch as well PRS? In case you did, I would be interested in the black version too! Or is it just a prototype?

Last edited:
They still look great, good work for sorting it all out.

Hi tbtorro,

I missed the fact that you also were interested in a black version. Did you want to exchange color or have an additional one in black as well.
I have ordered a small batch of black, including one for myself and would consider selling that one too. I've already one bare aluminium from the previous round and only one A4000 as I've sold my spare a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom