Has anyone ran 060 adapter in A4000T with KS 3.1.4?

tbtorro

As you wish.
VIP
Country
Denmark
Region
Sjæland
Wondering if anyone has ran A3640 with 060 adapter or A3660 with the new KickStart 3.1.4 in A4000T? Was it working without hitches (assuming that the 060 libraries were correctly installed in Workbench)

Last edited:
In have run it in an A4000D without any issues with standard Pals and Speedgeek Pals (up to 66MHz).
I have no A4000T unfortunately.

Olli.

In have run it in an A4000D without any issues with standard Pals and Speedgeek Pals (up to 66MHz).
I have no A4000T unfortunately.

Olli.

Thanks but I’m specifically asking about A4000T.. ;-)

Wondering if anyone has ran A3640 with 060 adapter or A3660 with the new KickStart 3.1.4 in A4000T? Was it working without hitches (assuming that the 060 libraries were correctly installed in Workbench)
Yep, this is my setup and it works just fine with the stock 3.1.4 Kickstart! No problems at all.

Will send you a PM
Just out of curiosity: Why so secretive? I'm just starting to populate an A4000T board and already own an A3640 that I might want to upgrade eventually.

If you know some pitfalls, I'd also be interested...

Will send you a PM
Just out of curiosity: Why so secretive? I'm just starting to populate an A4000T board and already own an A3640 that I might want to upgrade eventually.

He is not secretive just he was the one asking me about this specific question outside Amibay, saw this thread and wanted to discuss some other info. So he actually doesn't know.. ;)

Yep, this is my setup and it works just fine with the stock 3.1.4 Kickstart! No problems at all.

Thanks for the input! So it is comfirmed - are you using the adapter or the A3660? Is the A3660 have updated GALs (like SpeedGeek's hack)?

Will send you a PM

He is not secretive just he was the one asking me about this specific question outside Amibay, saw this thread and wanted to discuss some other info. So he actually doesn't know.. ;)
Ah, that explains it. Thank you! ;-)

Slightly off-topic. I’ve got the 060 on an A3640 in my A4000D and have OS3.1 with the 060 libraries installed. Does the 3.1.4 have an update option, so that I don’t have to install the libraries all over again?

Last edited:
Slightly off-topic. I’ve got the 060 on an A3640 in my A4000D and have OS3.1 with the 060 libraries installed. Does the 3.1.4 have an update option, so that I don’t have to install the libraries all over again?
It doesn't come with one, but someone wrote an updater. It's on aminet.

So, I now need some assistance and advice. After getting my a4kT recapped along the a3640 Rev 3.1. I decided to go for one of these 040 to 060 adapters. So I rebuilt the system with 3.1.4 ROMs, SCSI2SD v5.1, Indivision AGA mk2 non cr version, Mediator Rev 1 with Radeon 128mb graphics card, USB, network and Audio cards. Lastly a GoTek drive.When i tried it with this combination I generally got a non booting system. I might have booted once or twice after 10 - 20 minutes and I couldn’t get to the early boot screen. When I tried to soft reboot the three lights at the top of the case would do a funny light dance and enter a boot loop. Now initially I put this down to a bad setup and I tried many different things to swap out. Ultimately the last new part was the adapter. When I change back to the 040 everything worked. So with a working system I managed to install everything upto a good point and got the SCSI working. However when I put the 060 back in the system wouldn’t work.

i have a a4kD which I will try it in. Does anyone have similar experiences? If so would you be happy to share

An update on this situation.

so I have taken the a3640 that was in my a4kT and have placed it in my a4kD. It is running 3.1.4 Kickstart ROMS so i left those in. It would appear that the adapter works in this system but not the a4kT...

Has any had a similar or completely different experience?

Thanks for the input! So it is comfirmed - are you using the adapter or the A3660? Is the A3660 have updated GALs (like SpeedGeek's hack)?
Using an A3640 with a 68060 to 68040 adapter.

Last edited:
The only difference (not withstanding the SCSI adapter) is that I have a mediator with a graphics card, usb Card, Sound Card and network Card installed. I wonder if this could be messing with the adapter?

Will try this tonight and see if this makes a difference...

Okay, so I removed the Mediator from the a4kT and swapped the working a3640 with the 060 adapter from the a4kD into the a4kT. Still nothing the screen is black, it won’t early boot nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas as I am completely out. The only thing left in the machine was an Indivision AGA. I can’t imagine this would cause issues.

Help... I would prefer the 060 to be located in the T and not the D

The 4000T has INT/EXT jumpers similar to the 4000D? If so, you have checked they are set to EXT?

@trixster, Thanks for the suggestion. Yes both jumpers are set to EXT. It is strange as I can put the 040 back into the card and it will boot and run with no issue. As soon as the 060 is back in the card I get nothing. When I swap it to the desktop I do not have the issue with either ... I have also checked the jumpers for mmu and Cache. This has no effect either...

the only thing I would say is that when I unplugged the Meditator I only unplugged the bridge board. I didn’t physically remove the Zorro 3 adapter as i assumed that removing the Bridge card and the power would be enough to isolate it.

Not sure if you can confirm the above or make suggestions.

Weird. You have another set of ROMS with the 060 exec patch to try?

Back
Top Bottom