Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hey how's everyone?

Been a while since I took a Photo of an Amiga!

Got the A500 out at the weekend and had a little blast, something I hadn't tried before that works really well on the Vampire is Mame 060, I was playing a bunch of Arcade Classics at a full 60fps such as one of my Fav's Soloman's Key. I know not too much to write home about but it was a nice way to play. Had the usual blast on Quake/Doom, etc.

Reason for the session was a new TV that I snagged for free, works great with lots of inputs, 2x Scart, 3x HDMI, Composite, Component, SVideo, the works. Great picture too. (Running here @ 800x600 over HDMI but will do Widescreen modes too, just not with my current Picasso settings on this set!)

FB_IMG_1567427634980.jpg

Hoping to keep this setup for a while for regular blasts. Should be getting my A1200 and CD32 back soon as well (have been with Scrappy for Recapping) so be nice to fire those up too.

No major projects coming but thought I'd share this little pic with you :)

Steve.

Oh hello Steve,

good to see some of the old forum members about these days. I am much less active here now, having said that I was on my cd 32 earlier this evening battling with 7 gates of Jambala. What an unusual game, strangely intriguing and much easier with a control pad and a specific button to jump. Not sure what i have to do other than collect gold coins and waste them spending for advice from the in game characters.

do you still have your A1200 ? I think you were scaling back your collection?

hope ur keepin well

Hey Snoozy - all good n yourself?

I've tried to get a bit more involved on the forum again, all that Facebook fad is becoming more of an lifestyle tracker than a social media platform and I see people moving back to the old ways of communicating lol.

Only have my 500, 1200 and CD32 these days, rest of the Amiga stuff went, I thought I'd fallen out of love with the hobby but I think I was just depressed or something! Plus I was funding life after my redundancy so nearly everything went.

The 1200 above were all bought back the last couple of years and to be fair although a modest collection they suit me just fine, I did go a bit OTT collecting the first time.

Thinking of doing some more YouTube Video's to pick up what's changed over the last few years, all these new cards like the TF's and Vampire I never covered in my old Blog.

Collection currently:

A500+ with Vampire
A1200 with Blizzy 1230 & Fast ATA with 32gb CF
CD32 with TF330

Still got some of my boxed games too.

Steve.

Hey Snoozy - all good n yourself?

I've tried to get a bit more involved on the forum again, all that Facebook fad is becoming more of an lifestyle tracker than a social media platform and I see people moving back to the old ways of communicating lol.

Only have my 500, 1200 and CD32 these days, rest of the Amiga stuff went, I thought I'd fallen out of love with the hobby but I think I was just depressed or something! Plus I was funding life after my redundancy so nearly everything went.

The 1200 above were all bought back the last couple of years and to be fair although a modest collection they suit me just fine, I did go a bit OTT collecting the first time.

Thinking of doing some more YouTube Video's to pick up what's changed over the last few years, all these new cards like the TF's and Vampire I never covered in my old Blog.

Collection currently:

A500+ with Vampire
A1200 with Blizzy 1230 & Fast ATA with 32gb CF
CD32 with TF330

Still got some of my boxed games too.

Steve.

I think you are the sane/smart one Steve, your modest collection is all anyone (with a life) could REALLY need or would have time for, runs nearly all games and demos, compatible and fast (A500/OCS+Vampire), elegant for tinkering (A1200/AGA+Etc), and compact and snappy for sofa surfing (CD32+TF). And thrown in a few boxed game favorites shows something on the shelf/is a conversation starter and that's it. Excellent strategy (if I say so myself). :D (y)

Last edited:
I think you are the sane/smart one Steve, your modest collection is all anyone (with a life) could REALLY need or would have time for, runs nearly all games and demos, compatible and fast (A500/OCS+Vampire), elegant for tinkering (A1200/AGA+Etc), and compact and snappy for sofa surfing (CD32+TF). And thrown in a few boxed game favorites shows something on the shelf/is a conversation starter and that's it. Excellent strategy (if I say so myself). :D (y)

Thanks for the kind words, yeah I'm very happy with my Amiga collection, I still have too much console stuff tho so could do with a bit more space to display it.

Back
Top Bottom