Package not updated....

britlord

Country
usa
Region
Michigan
Guys has anyone had this message.. Because the tracking for my Amiga stuff hasn't been updated in a week. The guy that I've traded with has already received my stuff. All the track says is "August 28, 2019 at 9:43 pm Processed Through Facility ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)", and when I looked that message up.. Most people say that really means nothing. The package hasn't gone through customs yet (It would say out would bound from custom), and they all say that the mail system in the US sucks. That's why they can't make money (They are are the red).. I check it every day (To see where it is heading). But get disappointed..

Oh , and ISC is not customs. It's the sorting center at the airport....

Edit: I found out that someone said "ISC in NY is a black hole where packages go to die", so I really think that we should go back to horses for delivery...

Last edited:
Scary part is I sent back (to an overseas point) a board last year that didn't work when I got it, and tracking INSIDE the US lost it before it even made it to the Customs point. Can't even fault the recipient when it never made it past our shores. USPS spent 6 months 'looking for it', and nothing was found.

The international USPS rates (among several others in the world) apparently subsidizes 'less capable' foreign mail systems in the world by taking on the financial burdens. Many also interface into the tracking system when shipping to us, but nothing happens in return in many cases when the package exits USPS direct involvement.

Scary part is I sent back (to an overseas point) a board last year that didn't work when I got it, and tracking INSIDE the US lost it before it even made it to the Customs point. Can't even fault the recipient when it never made it past our shores. USPS spent 6 months 'looking for it', and nothing was found.

The international USPS rates (among several others in the world) apparently subsidizes 'less capable' foreign mail systems in the world by taking on the financial burdens. Many also interface into the tracking system when shipping to us, but nothing happens in return in many cases when the package exits USPS direct involvement.

Yep it is scary Because in the package is valuable to me (1200 stuff). But now 12 days in since my package arrived in the US, and still waiting. The mail system here sucks.. Also if your package gets lost. It's not worth making a claim.. Because you have to prove that what the lot is worth, in other words you need receipts to prove the cost of them (They don't take your word for it).. Oh, and shipping here in then US with tracking cost a lot of $$$ too (To overseas).. I sent a GVP and SCSI2CD (Box wasn't that big). The cost with track was $64 Yikes!!!... A bloody rip off I must say....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom