SpeedGeek

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
Wisconsin
Hello guys,

Here is my G-Force 030 with super hacks:

Hack one: 36MB Fast RAM (Theoretical max. is 52MB!)
Thanks to tbtorro for the GVP 16MB PCBs! (y)

Hack two: 54.2 MHz overclocking
The faster accelerator card is the better accelerator card! :cool:

Yes, it's all possible!* ;)

*Note: There is a difference between what's possible and what will become available. Such matters are completely out of my hands.

Here is the link for images and downloadable files:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=1382831

Last edited:
@tbtorro

The Fast RAM hack requires at least 2 PALs to be replaced (U34 and U37). Currently, there is a pending proposal for a 3 PLD upgrade kit. This includes a new U35 which would also update the Auto-config function. ;)

Last edited:
@tbtorro

The Fast RAM hack requires at least 2 PALs to be replaced (U34 and U37). Currently, there is a pending proposal for a 3 PLD upgrade kit. This includes a new U35 which would also update the Auto-config function. ;)

Hm, sounds interesting but what does "a pending proposal" mean? Will the PLD content be available somewhere?

Hm, sounds interesting but what does "a pending proposal" mean? Will the PLD content be available somewhere?

It means a proposal for an official GVP-m 3 PLD upgrade kit is pending approval from the Big Boss of GVP-m. However, I can't answer your next question for reasons I've already explained in post #1. ;)

It means a proposal for an official GVP-m 3 PLD upgrade kit is pending approval from the Big Boss of GVP-m. However, I can't answer your next question for reasons I've already explained in post #1. ;)

I see, let's hope something will come out of it.

Last edited:
AFAIK thebajaguy has been authorized to make a G-Force 030 memory upgrade kit available but the details of this are still WIP. You should wait for his announcement on the details.

Regarding more speed, it's unlikely that an overclocking kit will ever be available since it is a much more technically complex hack (He already has some reservations about the much simpler hack required for the memory upgrade kit). ;)

P.S. There is still good potential for 40 MHz users to upgrade to 50 MHz.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom