Various adapters for Amiga: Boot drive selector, Kickstart ROM switcher, Pc floppy drive adapter etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikonsgr

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Macedonia
Hi Everyone,

I just want to inform you that i make and sell some useful items for Amiga:

- Internal drive adapter cable for connecting 3.5" PC floppy disk drive :12euros+postage
- E
xternal drive adapter cable for 3.5" PC floppy + Gotek HxC simultaneously : 15euros+postage
- Amiga KickStart ROM Switcher Adapter For A500 (All Revisions), A500+ , A2000: 12euros+postage
- External drive cable for Gotek/HxC/Flash Floppy usb drive emulators: 10euros+postage
-
Amiga 500 DF0 / DF1 Drive Boot Selector Switch: 10euros+postasge

I also make Scart cables and many more adapters for amiga and other Home micros.

If you want to order anything, send PM.

Last edited:
I have a Rev5 Amiga 500 and I can't get any of the 512K roms to work like 3.1.4.
I bought a couple of other pieces of hard ware that is supposed to let me use the 512K roms but no go.
Have you tested this on a A500 Rev 5 NTSC board?

Rev 3 and 5 A500's and 512K EPROMs require the wire to connect one pin to another (and leave pin 31 out of the socket) so the ROM is operating in 16-bit mode. The Rev 3 and 5 lack this proper connection on the socket as the available parts at the time had a different purpose on the one pin.

My A500 Rev 5 came with an amigamainiac[.com] (site not valid anymore) switcher that allowed 512K 27C400 EPROMS to work. It provided a jumper to do the wire connection.

There are also arguments on the stability of some signal lines, and some suggest adding the termination packs on the address lines.

The net effect (below) is Pin 31 is disconnected from the socket, and connected to VCC+ (+5). When it is low/grounded, the EPROM is in byte-mode, not word-mode).
You may want to look into this thread http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=82824

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

- Internal drive adapter cable for connecting 3.5" PC floppy disk drive
- E
xternal drive adapter cable for 3.5" PC floppy + Gotek HxC simultaneously
- Amiga KickStart ROM Switcher Adapter For A500 (All Revisions), A500+ , A2000
- External drive cable for Gotek/HxC/Flash Floppy usb drive emulators
-
Amiga 500 DF0 / DF1 Drive Boot Selector Switch

I also make Scart cables and many more adapters for amiga and other Home micros.

Before anybody can declare interest you will need to add prices within this thread.

Hi Everyone,

- Internal drive adapter cable for connecting 3.5" PC floppy disk drive
- E
xternal drive adapter cable for 3.5" PC floppy + Gotek HxC simultaneously
- Amiga KickStart ROM Switcher Adapter For A500 (All Revisions), A500+ , A2000
- External drive cable for Gotek/HxC/Flash Floppy usb drive emulators
-
Amiga 500 DF0 / DF1 Drive Boot Selector Switch

Very glad to hear that all ! Interesting all these things.
Please add some pictures, prices and shipment if you can.
Thank you.

Sorry, all items should have active links to ebay listings, but somehow they didn't! Now they should be ok.
About the rev5 boards, the circuit i implemented is this . Using 2 small switches on board the pcb you can set the switcher for rev5 or newer (check the first post for more details)

Last edited:
Sorry, all items should have active links to ebay listings, but somehow they didn't! Now they should be ok.

I removed your links.

Please follow my request in post #4 as we are not a free advertising forum for the other bay.

Ok,i've added prices on all items. The ebay links are only for demonstration purposes ,showing photos and details about items, hope this is not a problem.

Last edited:
Ok,i've added prices on all items. The ebay links are only for demonstration purposes ,showing photos and details about items, hope this is not a problem.

Perfect. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom