Amiga DF0 Terminator

britlord

Country
usa
Region
Michigan
Guys I have these boards but what Diode is used. Plus is a header soldered in and where does it go in the 500..

Thanks..

Attachments

• Amiga DF0 Terminator.png
    Amiga DF0 Terminator.png
    1 KB · Views: 17
Guys I have these boards but what Diode is used. Plus is a header soldered in and where does it go in the 500..

Thanks..

I have one in my A1200 unfortunately I don't have the board with me right now so I can't tell you what diode but the female header is soldered on and it just sits on the male floppy port/header.

Thanks..

I have one in my A1200 unfortunately I don't have the board with me right now so I can't tell you what diode but the female header is soldered on and it just sits on the male floppy port/header.
I guess any ordinary 0805 rectifier diode should do the job. There is almost no current involved and it's only 5 volts...

I guess any 1N4148 will work, header should be 2x17 pins, 2.54mm grid

Last edited:
Ok.. Thanks for you comments guys..

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks..

Steve.. If it plugs onto the floppy floppy port/header on the motherboard or the drive. How do you connect the floppy ribbon cable..

Last edited:

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks..

Steve.. If it plugs onto the floppy floppy port/header on the motherboard or the drive. How do you connect the floppy ribbon cable..

You don't, that's the whole point, it terminates the floopy port so there's no boot delay when using an Amiga without a floppy drive

- - - Updated - - -

You don't, that's the whole point, it terminates the floopy port so there's no boot delay when using an Amiga without a floppy drive

OK Steve I see now.. Thanks..

Back
Top Bottom