New monitor working with A1200 on and unbuffered RGB to VGA adaptor.

Dr_Pyst

Country
England
Region
London
monitorlr.jpg
Hi all.
Still in the process of modifying and building a tower for my A1200. I have come across a modern monitor which works on an unbuffered RGB to VGA adaptor.
https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/access...T22i-10A16215FT021-5inch-Monitor/p/61A9MAT1UK
I tried every random old monitor at work and decided to try our standard Thinkvision and it works as you can see.

However it won’t run while the ACA1221 is installed. This isn’t a problem for me as this was only for testing purposes though if there is something obvious that would let this work with an accelerator present I'm willing to have a go while it is apart.

Alex

Sounds strange that you get no display with the ACA installed. Are you sure it's fitted correctly? Sometimes you have to push the board all the way in and retract it a millimeter or so.

monitor1lr.jpg
Yes works with the ACA1221 in place :D
Even managed some Uridium2...

My problem is getting stereo audio out having removed the old phonos...

Nice find! Whould you please check if the early start-up (both mouse keys pressed) is displayed? and the hi-res interlace modes? Thanks in advance

Hi.
Hi-res interlase mode works but dont look great. To be honest none of the interlased modes have ever looked usable to me.
I'm pretty sure that the early startup screen does display but I will have to double check monday as the power supplie is in peices.

Alex

earlybootlr.jpg
Early boot screen on unbuffered RGB to VGA adaptor.
The think vision 22i seems to work.

That is amazing news, It would be so much easier to just plug in than to use the OSSC. Thanks!

Last edited:
Nice find, can you try if 4:3 mode works? Also good to try in workbench wbpattern prefs and apply checkerboard pattern to see how it looks and if you can tune it for good picture.

Back
Top Bottom