Amigakit SCSI2SD question

gp_guy

Country
USA
Region
Oregon
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]HiGroup,[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Iordered the Amigakit SCSI2SD card version 5.1 last month as asolution to inconsistent booting on the SCSI hard drive in myCMD HD-200 external hard drive to my Commodore 128. I have a questionabout the Molex connector on the AmigaKit board which connects to thepower out molex connector on the circuit board of the CMD Hard driveunit.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Thequestion is this, the red power cable from the motherboard of myexternal drive connects to my SCSI drive on the side nearest to the50-pin data ribbon. When I look at the molex connector on theAmigakit board, it looks like the red lead will be connected to theoutside side of the connector. Is that right? I don't want to fry theboard. What I really need to know is what are the pinouts on that Amigakit power molex connector. Does anyone know? Also, does it matter? When I find out, I can grind down the molex cable end to fit either way...

I tried multiple times contacting Amigakit tech support, without much help. They sent me multiple cables, but what I really need is how that power lead connects to their unit...

Thanks in advance...

Rob

P.S. I am doing this as I have two CMD HD-200 drives and I am getting ready to sell one of them.
[/FONT]

Multimeter is Your best friend.
Unlike 3" and 3.5" inch floppy drives where 12v and 5v was flipped around hard drives share same pinout as much i know, so no worries here..

Thanks DjCook! Yes, the power from the CMD board comes through a molex connector and via four wires, connects to four pins on the AmigaKit SCSI2SD board. The red wire is 5v and the yellow wire is 12v. The other two black wires are ground. On the SCSI drive that I am replacing, the 5v lead (red) is connected closest to the 50-pin data ribbon. The yellow wire (12v) is connected on the outside edge of the board, away from the data ribbon. So, do I reproduce this pattern? I don't have a pinout of the AmigaKit board and in spite of multiple requests, they are not sending me one. I don't want to send 12v power to a 5v connector, that would probably overload the diode on the board. Someone here probably has bought the same Amigakit board and I am wondering if they had any issues?
Rob

Hi,

this is taken from the technical specs table for the card found here:

http://www.codesrc.com/mediawiki/index.php/SCSI2SD

5V via floppy 4-pin drive connector, USB, or self-powered using the SCSI host termination power.
2.35W maximum (500mA)
DO NOT CONNECT 12V at all if you need to make your own power cable as it risks destroying the board if you accidentally swap the wires.

Hope it helps!

Back
Top Bottom