Robhalfordfan

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Aberdeen
hi all

i am gonna be building a decent xp gaming era pc (early/mid 2000s - early 2010s)

i have my mobo (evga Nforce 780i) (socket 775)
i have my eax sound card (creative sound blaster fatal1ty fps edition)
i have my hdds, dvd/rw drive and floppy drive

thinking of upgrading the processor to a Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 but prices are weird on ebay etc and most of the cheapest ones seem to come from china and not sure if to go for that.

i not sure which graphics card to go with to cover that era, if anyone if any ideas what to good fit (was thinking maybe a 1gb or 1.5gb pci-e)

the cpu cooler, ram, case, case fans and psu will get at later date

Last edited:
Ive got a boxed gtx 260

unboxed
570 gtx
the monster that is ati 5970 dual gpu. Ive not got a case big enough to try this lol its a bit long

if you fancy trying to fix ive got 770 gtx locks up a few seconds into anything 3D.

Hi
I have a Xeon E5450 which I ran flawlessly at 3.69Ghz before upgrading to a 4790K.
If I had a better motherboard I could have probably squeased 4ghz out of it.
It is already modified to work in a socket 775 motherboard.
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/compare.html?productIds=33083,33921
Practically the same cpu.

Let me know if thats of any interest to you.

Alex

sorry i got the wrong mobo model - it the next up 780i

- - - Updated - - -

Ive got a boxed gtx 260

unboxed
570 gtx
the monster that is ati 5970 dual gpu. Ive not got a case big enough to try this lol its a bit long

if you fancy trying to fix ive got 770 gtx locks up a few seconds into anything 3D.

which would best run games from early 2000s/early xp - early 2010/early/mid vista era

most games i have are from 2005-2010

try to build a xp era machine to covers the early xp and late xp era

Last edited:
Tbh, I bought quite a few older cpu's from AliExpress and they all work fine...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 8 met Tapatalk

I started going down the rabbit hole of building a beast of an XP machine, then just settled on building one early to just pre vista (Athlon 64), and use my Windows 7 (i5, 1060 OC) machine for late XP games. I haven't found any XP game that hasn't worked on 7 (yet).

Tbh, I bought quite a few older cpu's from AliExpress and they all work fine...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 8 met Tapatalk

ok i will have a look but never sure about aliexpress sometimes

- - - Updated - - -

I started going down the rabbit hole of building a beast of an XP machine, then just settled on building one early to just pre vista (Athlon 64), and use my Windows 7 (i5, 1060 OC) machine for late XP games. I haven't found any XP game that hasn't worked on 7 (yet).

i have though that but i thinking why not and i have time and patience and also try a save having so much different machines around

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom