500 Chicken Lips keyboard.. Missing F8 key...

britlord

Country
usa
Region
Michigan
Hi Guys I looking at buying a really nice none yellowing 500 Chicken Lips keyboard.. However, it's missing the F8 key.. Does anyone know from if the key from other type of keyboards will the key will fit...

Thanks..

EDIT: I found one.. But it wasn't cheap. Though I'm going to install the keyboard into my wife's 500 + (I'm building one from parts for her)... But I will replace the 2 LED's with 500+ ones.. Because I think that they are not the same color (The keyboard was cheap to buy though), in the end she'll love the Amiga.. Because she has never heard of them, so has never used one..

Attachments

• 500 Chicken Lips keyboard...jpg
    500 Chicken Lips keyboard...jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I have your same problem, I have a chicken lips keyboard missing four keys.
Keys are not changeable with ones of other keyboard.
Where did you find this keyboard with the missing F8 key?
Is it pricey?

I have your same problem, I have a chicken lips keyboard missing four keys.
Keys are not changeable with ones of other keyboard.
Where did you find this keyboard with the missing F8 key?
Is it pricey?

Yep the key was costly. But I hope that I got the correct one, is the key that I need a space invader one.. If my keyboard has the space invader keys then this guy has them all. But are pricey..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amiga-500-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Last edited:
I have one of these keyboards and paid through the nose for some missing keys. The keytops on these fall off way too easily!

But mine needs something else sorting, the plastic sheet at the back is damaged on one corner so it falls off easily, I suspect finding another one is near impossible :(

Going to try and re-create one from scratch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom