A question about turbocard TerribleFire!

vibros

Country
Italy
Region
Emilia-Romagna
Hello,

can someone tell me about the card TerribleFire, how it behaves on A2000; especially with Zorro cards. And about EClock and the timers of CIAA and B.
In other words, is it compliant with protocols of expansion cards on Amiga?
Are all the 68000 signals (needed by Zorro bus and EClock) emulated correctly?

Thanks in advance

What I can tell you is that I have a TF534 on an A2000, and everything runs perfect.
I have a Commodore A2091 SCSI card and that has its own quirks with a CDROM, but it runs fine.
I have a Commodore Amber flicker fixer card, runs beautifully.

Any diagnostic program I throw at it, runs and passes. Even CIA timer tests.

Hope that helps until someone gives you a more in depth technical reply.

Cheers.

Hello,

thanks! anyway SCSI card is a DMA card or? I am a newbie and if DMA, it behaves in a different way respect 'Slave' PIC.
Anyway if EClock is respected, it seems that it is fully compliant to 68000 spec, about Zorro bus on A2000.
I have read about errors on the onboard IDE, if it has IDE onboard. Is that true?

Thanks again!

Last edited:
TF534 has onboard IDE. If you use a short IDE cable, there are no problems. Some users report problems when they use long IDE cables and my understanding is this is because the TF534 IDE port is not buffered.

I purchased a TF534, with short IDE cable, with compact flash adapter, and it works beautifully. It passes any diagnostic software I run on the Amiga 2000.

That is about all I can add unfortunately.

Hello,

the question is still open, anyway, about the issue reported on other thread, it was presumabily an IDE cable issue, not related to the TF.

Cheers
Stefano

Back
Top Bottom