Closed Philips 2-box MSX2 computer and keyboard (VHS style)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iainjh

AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
Country
England-Shire, UK
Region
High Wycombe,UK
this is the VHS style MSX2 Philips released. Its certainly the most unique MSX2 I've seen! Complete, clean. Has a crack on lower front fascia below the floppy drive cut out, but will be easily fixed or hidden. Its great to put games on an MSDOS 1 formatted disk, use dos commands then load and run. There's loads of software available, loaders, all sorts.

mods are
a) pc floppy drive (original drive needs new belt I think, the drive is included in sale so can be fitted back into the same space)

b) an internal sound fix has been done, as stock all the volumes are wrong

INCLUDES A BOXED MEGAFLASHROM SCC +512K flash cart. this is really special.

£240 paypal gift, plus UPS expected c £16 - Uk location preferred. see below.

Last edited:
Sounds like an NMS-8250 (pretty ubiquitous), NMS-8255 (as above with second FDD, uncommon-ish) or NMS-8280 (high-end version with extra video hardware, much sought-after). It would be a good idea to clarify which one it is, as that would greatly influence its desirability / value.

Last edited:
Hello

it’s the honest-to-goodness common-man ubiquitous single drive 8250 version:)

pics will come

regards , Iain

Finally - pics! You'd think I don't want to sell it:( Also a price adjustment and a clear bundle, to include the 8250 AND the megaflashrom scc in the picture. thats boxed and with a microsd card, so the bundle all in is £240 paypal gift plus c £16 for UPS (or collect from near high wycombe).

It needs to be to a UK location please for logistics. will be sent UPS tracked and insured, signed-for service.

I've effectively reduced the MSX cost and added the megaflashrom SCC +512k cart that allows you to choose and mount a rom game and or a disk image and boot. It also has scc sound and really makes the msx2 usable. It is also highly unavailable - details here. https://www.msxcartridgeshop.com/ - i waited a year plus to get mine. The crack under the floppy drive is still there in the front fascia.

NB for site rules the games /files in the screenshot arent included in sale, the card will be wiped. just download the files from the cartshop and you'll be running msx dos or a replacement, the file manager etc and off you go.

any question please shout!

IMG_3779.jpg

IMG_3780.jpg

IMG_3799.jpg
IMG_3792 (1).jpg
IMG_3788.jpg
IMG_3796.jpg
IMG_3808.jpg

sweetcorn - good news is that I have it boxed and almost ready. Amazingly I had a big box just right. Just need to use half a reel of tape to seal it up:) if you can send funds as per PM then I can drop it off at UPS point tomorrow so you'll have it tuesday or weds. cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom