Closed KTRL CD32+ Gamepad (an advanced controller for the Amiga CD32 and other computers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for C64 yes, with a two button adapter I have made (will sell it here on Amibay soon) you can also get two button functionality in some games. In the alternative two button mode, UP and DOWN are automatically mapped to face buttons. The gamepad has been tested on a few A1200 machines successfully but I can't guarantee it works for all A1200 machines though, even if the output/output conflict has been fixed like I mentioned.

The original description reads "On the KTRL CD32+, you can easily disable these pull-up resistors (alternative two-button mode), resulting in full C64 compatibility". I am not clear whether the joypad needs modifications to work on both an Amiga and a C64. Can you confirm?
I will most likely get a pad when the two button adapter is available too and will express interest then.
Thanks for this great project, it looks pretty neat.
No need to modify the gamepad. To toggle between the modes you can press SELECT+START+DOWN. You can also enable the alternative two-button mode when you start the C64 and have the gamepad plugged in and hold DOWN. You can store the mode you want in a preset or as the "default" preset. Here are the full instructions for the gamepad: http://daemonbite.com/ktrl/files/ktrl-cd32-plus-instructions.pdf

That's great! Thanks.

Received both my "build your own" sets today. Fast and in fantastic condition. Feedback left.
Can't wait to start building them :)

Last edited:
Also interested in 2 x Full Kit with soldered SMD components with untracked shipping to Germany. Will send PM shortly. :)

Received mine today and it's build quality is top notch. Hope to test it out later. Thanks and some positive feedback left for you too witchmaster. :)

Received my two kits.
All is nice and sound! Good packaging!
Thank you!

Well, that was quick! Received the kits yesterday. Thanks man! Will try them out as soon I have time.

One small question: The manual states
You should only connect and disconnect the KTRL CD32+while the computer is turned off.

Any particular reason for this? I am asking as a habitual mouse/joystick switcher :)

Well, that was quick! Received the kits yesterday. Thanks man! Will try them out as soon I have time.

One small question: The manual states
You should only connect and disconnect the KTRL CD32+while the computer is turned off.

Any particular reason for this? I am asking as a habitual mouse/joystick switcher :)
No particular reason other than it's better be safe than sorry, it's recommended to plug/unplug devices with the power off.

Wow! I've never known postage to Australia to arrive so quickly!

Package arrived and (at least the first one I've assembled) works beautifully. Thank you!

P.S: It might save some potential trouble to revise the building instructions for the new 2+ model (for a while there I thought some pieces were missing).

Wow! I've never known postage to Australia to arrive so quickly!

Package arrived and (at least the first one I've assembled) works beautifully. Thank you!

P.S: It might save some potential trouble to revise the building instructions for the new 2+ model (for a while there I thought some pieces were missing).
Good to hear! :) About the building instructions, I guess you used the instructions for the older version, the instructions for the plus version is here: http://www.daemonbite.com/ktrl/ktrl-cd32-plus.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom