Not open for further replies.

gone2ray

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Derbyshire
I'm making a pair of adapters so I can bolt a standard PC ATX power supply into my 2 Amiga 2000s.

They will be made in 5mm aluminium. It bolts to the PC psu and clips into the Amiga 2000 psu/floppy drive tray and also bolts to the top of the case via the original psu fittings.

I'm using a AXT psu which has the power plug and on/off switch that lines up with the fan cut out in the Amiga case.

I've used the AXT/Amiga power cable from AmigaKit and fitted a new on/off switch that fits in the adapter and lines up with the original switch cut out in the case.

I'm curious if anyone else would be interrested? I'm making them manually in my spare time but if there's any interrested I'll sit down and setup the CNC.

It will be an easy upgrade without any mods to the case or either psu.

Yes, some photos would be nice. :0)

A working prototype is going to take me at least a week. It will be in plexiglass. Once that's done I'll post some pictures.

If there's more than 10 (2 for me) then it's worth me programming the CNC otherwise I'll cut them by hand.

The breakdown of costs are as below.

Amiga 2000 PSU adapter plate kit

£22.00 - adapter plate (guestimation)
£ 1.50 - new switch
£17.50 - ATX/Amiga cable (15.99 + £1.49 - post cost from Amigakit)
------------
£41.00

UK and International shipping is extra.

If you just want the adapter plate that's fine too.

Last edited:
I could help too, but I want to see some photos :) so, I will wait..... but I am interested.

Restoring an A2000 soon, I’m interested too.
Maybe with the number it will be possible to do a nice anodizing of the Aluminium after machining (black?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom