Closed Two Button Joystick Adapter for C64/128 (KTRL 64)

Status
Not open for further replies.

witchmaster

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Country
Finland
Region
Pohjanmaa
ktrl-64-adapter-full.jpg
For sale are kits for building a two button joystick adapter for the Commodore 64 and 128 machines. You can use it with my KTRL CD32+ gamepad or any other two button joystick / gamepad that supports the C64.

How it works
Several games on the C64 have a second action mapped to the spacebar on the keyboard. In most of these games, you can also press the button on a joystick in port 1 for the same action. This adapter maps button 2 of a joystick/gamepad in port 2 to button 1 of port 1 resulting in two button support for those games. The adapter has a switch so you can disable the two button feature and get normal 1 button controls without the need to disconnect and reconnect the adapter and joysticks.

Full kit (no cover/sticker): 9€
Full kit including cover and sticker: 12€

ktrl-64-adapter-parts.jpg ktrl-64-adapter-case.jpg

Shipping and payment
Airmail shipping (no tracking) to Europe is 2.40€ for one kit, 3.40€ for two kits.
Airmail shipping (no tracking) to rest of the world is 3.60€ for one kit and 7.20€ for two kits.
If you buy a kit for the KTRL CD32+ I can ship this adapter for no extra cost.

Note: Payment via PayPal as family/friend or add 4% to the total cost.

Assembled adapter for reference
ktrl-64-adapter-assembled.jpg

Am I understanding how this works correctly?
a- With a two button (or more) joystick plugged into port 2, I can play with that joystick and use button 1 and 2?
b- With a one button joystick in port 2, and a one button joystick plugged into port 1, I can play with the joystick plugged into port 2, use its button as the regular fire button and the button on the joystick plugged into port 1 as the secondary button?
c- Can this be daisy chained with a joystick switcher such as https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?79442-C8D-Joystick-Switchers ?
Thanks.

Am I understanding how this works correctly?
a- With a two button (or more) joystick plugged into port 2, I can play with that joystick and use button 1 and 2?
b- With a one button joystick in port 2, and a one button joystick plugged into port 1, I can play with the joystick plugged into port 2, use its button as the regular fire button and the button on the joystick plugged into port 1 as the secondary button?
c- Can this be daisy chained with a joystick switcher such as https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?79442-C8D-Joystick-Switchers ?
Thanks.
a- Yes, in most games that otherwise has a secondary action button set to SPACE on the keyboard.
b- Yes if you want, but you don't need the adapter for that scenario. The fire2 of the joystick in port two is wired to port1/fire1 and port1/fire1 to nothing if the switch is in one position, in the other position the connections are straight through.
c- It might, it should, at least to some extent, with the switch in one position the connections are straight through.

This is exactly what I am looking for! Great!
I'm interested in a full kit with cover and stickers.
Also looked at your controller and it looks very nice, too. If possible I would add this to my order.

I will sent a PM immediately.

C64 2 button adapter

C64 2 button adapter

Hi,
do you sell these fully assembled with case and sticker ?

thanx

Hello,

I'm Interested in one Full kit including cover and sticker. Shipping to Germany. PM follows.

Best regards,
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom