A3000UX Preserve, Restore & Upgrade

Phoe

Country
Australia
Region
QLD
Hi all,

I've finally got to the point of ensuring the preservation of my A3000UX.
I'd better get started putting it all back together.

Amiga3000ux_resize.jpg

Hello,

a little tip: use a solution with H2O2 for hairs. Put the front cover, head down, into a box with this solution, for an half hour, then put the front cover, side up under the sun.
Someone has wrote that this solution is temporary: the plastic reverse to the yellow state. Anyway, you can try.

Regards
Stefano

Hey vibros,

thank you for the tip. I will look into it. You have triggered my curiosity, I will need to investigate are all Amiga plastics the same?
If I have something that is the same plastic as the case, I could test it.

Hi All,

I've cleaned up the board, preserve. After previously giving away all my monitors that did work at 15khz and being donated some LCD shelf ornaments I didn't have a monitor to test with. Last week I purchased a new Acer V226HQL monitor. (I tested in on the CD32 another project TF330 (I just got it, wow!) with Riser to 23pin RGB via an original Commodore 15pin adaptor, it WORKS!)
Back on the bench with the A3000, PSU, Daughter Board, Monitor. Red Screen.....
This will be great if the issues end at the ROMs.....!

Ah! I have forgotten to say, about H2O2, that stickers on the plastic are unaffected by this solution, so the A3000UX sticker is safe, if you choose to do this action with H2O2...about red screen? ...mmm i need to think...

Regards
Stefano

Back
Top Bottom