UnAmiga A500

Hi Guys still playing with the system but yeah menus in English and the 501 now has no battery only a little leak all cleaned an Lemoned away yay plus still works a treat

OK slowly getting on with it managed to get the different Amiga cores to come up but with a catch it will only allow one change then the Unamiga OSD just refuses to allow changes after that figured out I could save that one setting to config which you get 4 slots but cant find how to change the osd or the config file outside of the unamiga anyone figured it out yet?

Got my Unamiga working in a very diy cardboard box, but it works :D Do you have some more information on how to get other cores installed to it (what files worked for you)? I would really like a A500 core going, i got a USB Blaster if that is needed or do you only need the files on the sd card ? Thanks for any possible help here :)

Last edited:
Hi Guys
OK I have managed to config my unamiga with ecs ocs aga 68010 68000 68020 and different ram sizes but never bigger than the 20mb it starts out with unless you add 1.5mb slow ram so you could with the Fast ram have a total of 23.5mb that 2mb 16+4mb and 1.5mb in total.

http://meditation.somuch.guru/minimig/

https://twitter.com/hashtag/unamiga

has the core I use now but not been able to get anyother computer cores to load so far so if anyone has done please put a how to guide here.
Just seen the 3rd A500 Minimig it looks awesome and has wifi and what looks like a usb header too wow..

I am not on Twitter so if you find anything useful please let us Know have fun

Finally got my Unamiga + header v. 1.4 installed into a 500 donor. It seems to be OK, compatibility is not nearly as good as the minimig MiSTer core -- I suspect this is an old core. A few other bummers:

(1) The 500's power and floppy drive LEDs don't work. That's a real shame. There are headers on the board for power and floppy lights, but the 500 sends these over the keyboard cable.

(2) The key reset combo on this is CTRL+ALT+ALT instead of CTRL+AMIGA+AMIGA. WTH? That seems like a little oversight.

(3) The core's floppy select menu is painful. You can only scroll line by line, not by page. So if you have a subdirectory with lots of floppy images, better be patient scrolling. If you use HDF and WHDload, it won't be nearly as painful for you. :)

Just another note, if you are going to use Kickstart 1.3, it needs a 512kb ROM file. It just hangs on a 256kb ROM file. Derp!

Anyway, it's a pretty good little FPGA Amiga. I'm afraid it's going to go in the drawer though because of these issues. :(

Last edited:
Little update and a read of Mattsofts points
there is an upto date core and it uses the same core as the MIster FPGA I have had it working with all cores and the 1.3 was just a renamed one from my WINUAE collection of Roms. the Floppy side yeah its a pit of a pain but using the Tiny Laucher was as easy a solution as you could ask for I think plus with the OS available as well its just the same as any other Miggy. I have both the Mister and the Unamiga and to be fair I dont need both so I will be selling my Unamiga board but as a way to get into the Minimig experience it was great fun.

with My Mister now in a working C64 Case its fun to use and has the added extra of working with the Keyboard via the Keyrah v2b

Attachments

• 20200206_090656[1].jpg
    20200206_090656[1].jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200529_102245[1].jpg
    20200529_102245[1].jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200529_103403_HDR[1].jpg
    20200529_103403_HDR[1].jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 0
Late to the party, I received my UnAmiga last Saturday. Lovely bit of kit, and Edu's done a great job with this!

A few observations:
- The video output seems very hot, and was overloading the input stages of my M1764 so everything looked pretty nasty, blown out brightness everywhere. The monitor has an option for 1V VGA input rather than just 0.7, and the picture now is beautiful.
- Amiga keyboard isn't 100%.
-- Reset doesn't work at all, for example.
-- Right Amiga key doesn't get recognised. (Key is working as Ctrl-Amiga-Amiga flashes the caps lock key). This is an issue as I always use Right-Amiga E to open a shell, or Right Amiga and cursor keys to control the mouse
-- OSD menu key is /, not *.
-- There is a cursor mouse function! Numlock then numeric keypad to move mouse, * for right mouse button - can't find LMB but suspect it's mapped over the OSD key :D

Is there a more up to date core than the one Edu provided? Do I need a USB Blaster to update it, or can it self program?

I got my UnAmiga a week or so ago and haven't had much time to do anything with it other than make sure it worked. Ctrl-Alt-Alt is reset on the core shipped with the UnAmiga which could be because it also works with Windows keyboards that obviously lack Amiga keys?

To update the core you should just need to move one onto an SD card like you would on a MiST and shouldn't need to use a blaster - but this is unconfirmed by me at the moment. I'll try to get cracking on mine, but I'm still waiting on my A1200.net 500 case to free up the case that will house it. I've got mine set up on plastic standoffs that keep the board off the table, attached to an extra A500 KB, but its not very usable that way.

Thanks for that! I'm not getting reset with ctrl-left alt-right alt on the 500 keyboard either.. but the alt keys are both working.

Been playing tonight setting up an ESP8266: I'm slightly blown away that you can get these for £2.50! The device is now set up, so I'm now looking to set up the Amiga side of things.

Does the updated core support USB wifi as of yet? It really is the only downfall for the Minimig AGA core. I know it works with a DE10 Mister platform.

Back
Top Bottom