UnAmiga A500

i had one before edu a500 daughterboard its basically a mist clone but only get mist ports once converted for unamiga and unlike mist and mister you have to burn the core with pc or a pi, if you didnt know you have to buy the fpga board from aliexpess

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32853228751.html

you will need to check with edu if headers need to be soldered top or bottom, the seller will do it for like 2 $ i think

Last edited:
yep came through not tested it yet other than turn on as been trying to bag an A500 to put it in.

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully mine gets here soon and I can start messing with it. Debating on putting it in my Checkmate 1500 case since the Amiga gear bought specifically for that won't work (ACA500+/ACA1233n) in it.

I do really wish he'd made a daughterboard for the MiST FPGA as I already have one of those and it has all the cores that I want/need/use. Noticed there's not a lot of (English at least) documentation on the UnAmiga.

I've one of these on order too. Planning on putting it into one of those replace 500 cases when they ship. Looks like it will provide basic A1200-class performance.

so excited got my donor A500 but now feeling guilty will I strip an Old A500 with A501? Only fly in the Onitment is that the sell of the Other bay took an amazingly good machine then bubble wrapped it and sent it via royal mail with no other protection so the edges of the top cover are chipped grrr.

so excited got my donor A500 but now feeling guilty will I strip an Old A500 with A501?
Just put the guts in storage... not hurting anything to have them safe for later.

bubble wrapped it and sent it via royal mail with no other protection so the edges of the top cover are chipped grrr.
Amazing to me that people can't figure out how to package these things so they don't get damaged... especially irreplaceable things.

so excited got my donor A500 but now feeling guilty will I strip an Old A500 with A501?.

I know how you feel. I bought a C64G to house an Ultimate-64. Couldn't find the case on it's own (I did but not in what I would call acceptable condition) so had to buy one with it's guts intact.
I'm warming to these FPGA replacements as you get to keep the feel of the original but using modern tech that doesn't leave you wondering when it's going to die on you.

Yeah I know what you mean I am looking at the A500 and remembering getting my first from the ssvc in RAF Wildenrath in Germany in 1988 god it was so far ahead of my old C64 and Speccy. I have the 4000 which I love but something about the full keyboard and the look of the 500.

some pics of the donor and just how good the old board looks bit of rust on the metal sheilds but board looks like new. Unamiga is working perfectly now got to figure out how to put 3.1.4 on it lol

Attachments

• 20200206_090834.jpg
    20200206_090834.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20200206_090748.jpg
    20200206_090748.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 20200206_090739.jpg
    20200206_090739.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20200206_090730.jpg
    20200206_090730.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 20200206_090656.jpg
    20200206_090656.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 2
Oh yeah, cugar124 thats a heck of a nice donor. Really look forward to getting my UnAmiga but it may be a while. Edu said the Coronavirus outbreak in China is going to delay him getting the parts to build them.

thats a shame been looking for more how to's and websites explaining how the software works

Also got a Unamiga board, but not used it yet.. Looking for a cheap/faulty A500 or maybe an alternative case to put it in .. A small form factor would also be handy for bringing the machine around.. Will post my details soon how it goes :)

some pics of the donor and just how good the old board looks bit of rust on the metal sheilds but board looks like new. Unamiga is working perfectly now got to figure out how to put 3.1.4 on it lol

That looks so awesome. I have a donor 500 waiting for one too. It would be perfect if you could hook up the original floppy drive, but oh well, still cool.

Ok little update loaded it with mist amiga files works great i can now choose chipset and processor next is to get her working with speccy and c64 cores its good fun. So many mist sites mini mig ones and a couple of unamiga.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

@cugar124 It works with the MiST Amiga AGA core? That would mean all the menu's are in English which has been one of my minor concerns as I don't speak Spanish.

If that A501 was working I'd open it up and snip the battery off it before you store it. They die and corrode the boards just like all the other Amiga hardware with RTC batteries. At the very least store it so if it leaks it won't travel and corrode other stuff. Otherwise it won't be working if you ever want to sell it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom