Photo's from R3tr0 R3play!

The bar was Tower lounge or Blackpool Lounge not sure which. (behind tower next to kfc). Nasty place, called last orders, served beer, then instantly turned on lights and started kicking/ushering people out - what happened to 20 mins drinking up time?

Interview was with retro gamer I think.

I have piccys, will post later

Gary

Here are some of my photos from the Saturday.
Strangely I took none on the Friday, but quite frankly I think we were just to busy, then tired, then pissed. ;)

Attachments

• 01 Iain Lee Opening Up.jpg
    01 Iain Lee Opening Up.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 10 A pensive moment for Skilgannon.jpg
    10 A pensive moment for Skilgannon.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 09 Zetro wowed by awesome LCD 3D action!.jpg
    09 Zetro wowed by awesome LCD 3D action!.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 08 Archer MacLean interview.jpg
    08 Archer MacLean interview.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 07 JuvUKs game enhancer modelled by Johnim.jpg
    07 JuvUKs game enhancer modelled by Johnim.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 06 The IK plus table .jpg
    06 The IK plus table .jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 05 r0jaws & the Master Chief.jpg
    05 r0jaws & the Master Chief.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 04 Table shot.jpg
    04 Table shot.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 03 Woody and his second beloved.jpg
    03 Woody and his second beloved.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 02 Speccy Love.jpg
    02 Speccy Love.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 0
The bar was Tower lounge or Blackpool Lounge not sure which. (behind tower next to kfc). Nasty place, called last orders, served beer, then instantly turned on lights and started kicking/ushering people out - what happened to 20 mins drinking up time?

Ahhh yes the tower lounge bar... not a good place to be honest! There are plenty of places in Blackpool to have a drink but only a few good places.

Anyway i hope there's another event next year as i don't want to miss out again!

Saturday continued.....

Attachments

• 17 Saucy!.jpg
    17 Saucy!.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 16 Phips, exhausted after busting some grooves.jpg
    16 Phips, exhausted after busting some grooves.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 15 Beer, Pizza and champers! Cheers!.jpg
    15 Beer, Pizza and champers! Cheers!.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 15 Yes I do work out, thanks for noticing.jpg
    15 Yes I do work out, thanks for noticing.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 14 Kick Me.jpg
    14 Kick Me.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 13 In a fit of rage Archer gave John a back tickle.jpg
    13 In a fit of rage Archer gave John a back tickle.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 12 Victorious!.jpg
    12 Victorious!.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 11 John giving Archer some tips ;-).jpg
    11 John giving Archer some tips ;-).jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 4
Sunday......

Attachments

• 27 Jon Hare interview.jpg
    27 Jon Hare interview.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 26 Jeff Minter and a giraffe.jpg
    26 Jeff Minter and a giraffe.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 25 Jeff Minter interview.jpg
    25 Jeff Minter interview.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 2
  • 24 Zetr0 on his road to glory, shame he stopped off for a breather half way.jpg
    24 Zetr0 on his road to glory, shame he stopped off for a breather half way.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 23 Quake on 68k, it's Ok but meh.jpg
    23 Quake on 68k, it's Ok but meh.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 22 Sensi Tournament.jpg
    22 Sensi Tournament.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 21 blatant naked chick shot.jpg
    21 blatant naked chick shot.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1
  • 20 Chez Amibay.jpg
    20 Chez Amibay.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 19 Full English all round please.jpg
    19 Full English all round please.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 18 Winners get their own table, and totty to serve them!.jpg
    18 Winners get their own table, and totty to serve them!.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 1
A sneak preview for maybe next year. Amibay has been invited back, this time to provide 8, 16 and 32 bit retro computing loveliness.
All systems, all manufacturers (excluding consoles).
Vague plans for the main floor to be filled with modern gaming systems, and the Ball room for us retro fans are afoot, but the feelers are being put out..

Watch this space. (y)

Attachments

• 28 DJ Echo delivers some tunes to the event, sweet.jpg
    28 DJ Echo delivers some tunes to the event, sweet.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 29 Next Year, perhaps.jpg
    29 Next Year, perhaps.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 30 Yep, I can fill this.jpg
    30 Yep, I can fill this.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 1
Hi all,

I had a great time at R3PLAY .... it was an awesome event.
I took some pics (but not many) and will upload them when I get a moment.

It was great to meet new faces (skillagon, JuvUK, DJ Echo, CosmicFrog etc.) and to see the regulars (r0jaws, imnogeek, Zetr0)

However, there's a sad ending to this story :(

Upon packing up, I noticed that my A600 had disappeared :eek:
I looked everywhere around the event (including under the tables etc.) but unfortunately it's nowhere to be seen.
I've spoken to the organisers but at the moment, nobody has had time to look at the CCTV of the event (yup, there was cameras on the ceiling)

I would like to ask you all to check to see if you have accidentally picked up a spare A600 when packing up.
The machine in question has 3.1 ROMs (not official, it's a burned EPROM), a hard drive and is very clean (no yellowing at all)

Thanks all

woodycool

Hey woody, when we were packing up I think we had an extra A600, maybe Zetr0 or r0jaws will know something.

I think JuvUK found one in amongst all of his stuff as he was packing up - couldn't work out where it had come from and everyone else had already left.

I think JuvUK found one in amongst all of his stuff as he was packing up - couldn't work out where it had come from and everyone else had already left.

There was one sat on the chair in front of Justins Tower for ages on Sunday morning, we put it under the table so it didn't go walkies, so it looks like Justin may have it :)

I know there was a lot of machine swapping going on especially on Saturday as we tried to setup the Tournament tables, I'm sure that I took your 600 and put it under the table as it kept crashing and I mistakenly thought it was Justin's.

It all got a little "confusing". I think next time we may have to have some sort of highly sophisticated sticker system.

I hope it turn's up.

I'm pretty sure thats thats the one Woody, it was a nightmare with all the swapping people unplugging joysticks, taking them to other tables - beer glasses next to the PPC :wooha:

That sort of thing needs to be better tracked in the next event and yes, we must label our stuff next time. Mr Frog was the only person who thought to do it.

I however had hawk eyes on all my stuff and for a little bit that did take away from some of the fun, but I know for next time ;)

Steve.

The A600 was situated on the tournament table for all of Friday and Saturaday .... oh, and most of Sunday. I didn't notice it missing until approx. 5pm ish.
I'll await and see responses from the rest of the gang and take it from there.
I did check under both Amiga tables, but it wasn't there.

I think it was called "Tower"? it was near the tower anyway from vague memory, I spent most of my time around blackpool feeling totally lost and following everyone else! :)

I thought I was following you lol? Oh and your little Rave Up Dance made the night :cool:

Great photos and write up fella! (y)

It was a pretty hectic couple of days TBH, I've only just unloaded the car myself. Luckily I sorted an evening shift with work this week, I've got a few hours to sort myself out. :D

It was awesome mate, thanks again for arranging this (y)

I think we all just did as I vaguely remember Zee saying... something like "Beer Radar?" or "Beer Compass?" Anyway we all sorta randomly walked/wobbled wherever! I was really surprised when we walked home and there was Rosebank Villas as if someone actually knew where we were going! :D Actually that was probably Gary, he seemed pretty clued up, apart from the Brandy incident hehehe!

And I second the thanks Phil, really smashing weekend, thanks for making it happen mate!

A sneak preview for maybe next year. Amibay has been invited back, this time to provide 8, 16 and 32 bit retro computing loveliness.
All systems, all manufacturers (excluding consoles).
Vague plans for the main floor to be filled with modern gaming systems, and the Ball room for us retro fans are afoot, but the feelers are being put out..

Watch this space. (y)

I'll be there fo sho! I think its actually possible to fly into Blackpool airport from Denmark.

There was one sat on the chair in front of Justins Tower for ages on Sunday morning, we put it under the table so it didn't go walkies, so it looks like Justin may have it :)

I saw that A600 near Justins stuff too on the Saturday, it was very clean and white. I really don't think anyone has purposely stolen it woody, don't worry, it will turn up :)

I saw that A600 near Justins stuff too on the Saturday, it was very clean and white. I really don't think anyone has purposely stolen it woody, don't worry, it will turn up :)
tbh, I don't think anyone purposly took it .... I've been doing these events for years and never had anything go missing.
I suspect it's down to the fact that there was several A600s at the event.

I think it was called "Tower"? it was near the tower anyway from vague memory, I spent most of my time around blackpool feeling totally lost and following everyone else! :)

LOL - I thought it was just me that was doing that :)

J

LOL - I thought it was just me that was doing that :)

J

Lol, this just reminded me of a picture in my mind there were four of you walking along in a row it was like a scene from Reservior Dogs (y)

The A600 was situated on the tournament table for all of Friday and Saturaday .... oh, and most of Sunday. I didn't notice it missing until approx. 5pm ish.
I'll await and see responses from the rest of the gang and take it from there.
I did check under both Amiga tables, but it wasn't there.

i have an extra A600:), didn't know who's it was, i did ask around but no one knew, so i thought "i'll take it and return it to who ever is missing one" i did tell a few guys that i'd taken it, i thought it was safer to take it than to leave it at the show.

pm me the deets and i'll get it sent back to it's rightful owner(y)

Did anyone find out whom those cd32 games (in a box) belonged to that where given to Jay?

Back
Top Bottom