Mondeo Man VIP
    Amibayer!
    Country
    UK
    Region:
    Boston, Lincolnshire
    Feedback
    160 (100%)

I know there was a lot of machine swapping going on especially on Saturday as we tried to setup the Tournament tables, I'm sure that I took your 600 and put it under the table as it kept crashing and I mistakenly thought it was Justin's.

It all got a little "confusing". I think next time we may have to have some sort of highly sophisticated sticker system.

I hope it turn's up.

Online Gangster Amibayer! fitzsteve's Avatar
    Country
    UK
    Region:
    Sevenoaks, Kent
    Feedback
    1015 (100%)
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure thats thats the one Woody, it was a nightmare with all the swapping people unplugging joysticks, taking them to other tables - beer glasses next to the PPC

That sort of thing needs to be better tracked in the next event and yes, we must label our stuff next time. Mr Frog was the only person who thought to do it.

I however had hawk eyes on all my stuff and for a little bit that did take away from some of the fun, but I know for next time

Steve.

Amiga enthusiast! VIP
    Amibayer!
    Country
    Northampton, UK
    Region:
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Feedback
    10 (100%)

The A600 was situated on the tournament table for all of Friday and Saturaday .... oh, and most of Sunday. I didn't notice it missing until approx. 5pm ish.
    I'll await and see responses from the rest of the gang and take it from there.
    I did check under both Amiga tables, but it wasn't there.

WipEout Fanboi VIP
    Amibayer!
    Country
    Denmark
    Region:
    Hillerød
    Feedback
    60 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phipscube View Post
    I think it was called "Tower"? it was near the tower anyway from vague memory, I spent most of my time around blackpool feeling totally lost and following everyone else!
    I thought I was following you lol? Oh and your little Rave Up Dance made the night

Quote Originally Posted by r0jaws View Post
    Great photos and write up fella!

It was a pretty hectic couple of days TBH, I've only just unloaded the car myself. Luckily I sorted an evening shift with work this week, I've got a few hours to sort myself out.
    It was awesome mate, thanks again for arranging this

I think we all just did as I vaguely remember Zee saying... something like "Beer Radar?" or "Beer Compass?" Anyway we all sorta randomly walked/wobbled wherever! I was really surprised when we walked home and there was Rosebank Villas as if someone actually knew where we were going! Actually that was probably Gary, he seemed pretty clued up, apart from the Brandy incident hehehe!

And I second the thanks Phil, really smashing weekend, thanks for making it happen mate!

Quote Originally Posted by r0jaws View Post
    A sneak preview for maybe next year. Amibay has been invited back, this time to provide 8, 16 and 32 bit retro computing loveliness.
    All systems, all manufacturers (excluding consoles).
    Vague plans for the main floor to be filled with modern gaming systems, and the Ball room for us retro fans are afoot, but the feelers are being put out..

Watch this space.
    I'll be there fo sho! I think its actually possible to fly into Blackpool airport from Denmark.

Quote Originally Posted by imnogeek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbob_gb View Post
    I think JuvUK found one in amongst all of his stuff as he was packing up - couldn't work out where it had come from and everyone else had already left.
    There was one sat on the chair in front of Justins Tower for ages on Sunday morning, we put it under the table so it didn't go walkies, so it looks like Justin may have it
    I saw that A600 near Justins stuff too on the Saturday, it was very clean and white. I really don't think anyone has purposely stolen it woody, don't worry, it will turn up

Amiga enthusiast! VIP
    Amibayer!
    Country
    Northampton, UK
    Region:
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Feedback
    10 (100%)

I saw that A600 near Justins stuff too on the Saturday, it was very clean and white. I really don't think anyone has purposely stolen it woody, don't worry, it will turn up
    tbh, I don't think anyone purposly took it .... I've been doing these events for years and never had anything go missing.
    I suspect it's down to the fact that there was several A600s at the event.

Country
    Scotland
    Region:
    Glasgow South
    Feedback
    119 (100%)

I think it was called "Tower"? it was near the tower anyway from vague memory, I spent most of my time around blackpool feeling totally lost and following everyone else!
    LOL - I thought it was just me that was doing that

J
    The future is bright, the future is Retro!

C= Amiga 1200
    , 3.1 ROM with Blizzard 1230
    Phase 5 + 16Mb Ram, 4Gb CF IDE, Amiga 3000 with 3640, ZX81, Spectrum 128 Toastrack and DivIDE, Spectrum Next, Spectrum 48 Rubber Key, Commodore 128 and SD2IEC, Tatung Einstein, BBC Master Compact and SD, Acorn Electron, XBOX, XBOX 360; Wii, NDS, PSP; SGI Octane

Online Gangster Amibayer! fitzsteve's Avatar
    Country
    UK
    Region:
    Sevenoaks, Kent
    Feedback
    1015 (100%)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skilgannon View Post
    LOL - I thought it was just me that was doing that

J

Lol, this just reminded me of a picture in my mind there were four of you walking along in a row it was like a scene from Reservior Dogs

Positively negative VIP
    Amibayer!
    Country
    Cheltenham UK
    Region:
    Cheltenham
    Feedback
    142 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by woodycool View Post
    The A600 was situated on the tournament table for all of Friday and Saturaday .... oh, and most of Sunday. I didn't notice it missing until approx. 5pm ish.
    I'll await and see responses from the rest of the gang and take it from there.
    I did check under both Amiga tables, but it wasn't there.
    i have an extra A600, didn't know who's it was, i did ask around but no one knew, so i thought "i'll take it and return it to who ever is missing one" i did tell a few guys that i'd taken it, i thought it was safer to take it than to leave it at the show.

pm me the deets and i'll get it sent back to it's rightful owner
    Official Amiga Walker
    join us on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/170601321614/

Mondeo Man VIP
    Amibayer!
    Country
    UK
    Region:
    Boston, Lincolnshire
    Feedback
    160 (100%)

Nice one! That's a relief.

Country
    UK
    Region:
    Norfolk
    Feedback
    137 (100%)

Did anyone find out whom those cd32 games (in a box) belonged to that where given to Jay?
    8)Flux Mastah' Zee8)
    50 L337 1'M W1R3FR4M3

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast