Help needed with Mediator 4000Di, can't get RTG to work!

jbenam

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
Italy
Region
Italy
Hi mates,

I've recently purchased a Mediator 4000Di - but for the life of me, I can't get it to work.

I've installed the MMCD + MMCD 2.5 UPD (also installed the latest pci.library from Elbox's website). Noticed that 2.6 came out some days ago, but I'm pretty sure that's not it - this is a first model Mediator, it should pretty much work even with the original MMCD...

Anyways; I can see peripherals just fine in Medication, PCIscan and scanPCI, I've re-ran MedConfig (latest version) lots of times, tried with a Virge DX I've got laying around, and every time the same issue happens: the Voodoo 3 2000 is properly detected, but most RTG screen modes will just freeze the system, while somehow 800x600 managed to not freeze it, but I get a clearly out of frequency image on my multisync CRT monitor (M1438s). I've tried playing around with the frequencies and I can get the PVS test pattern to display as a smaller image on only one half of the screen, while rolling constantly. But that's with a 81hz frequency or something, instead of 31KHz, which definitely doesn't look like it should be the case.

Specs:
A4000, A3640, recapped by myself, never had any trouble. Always has been stable as a rock.
PSU works fine as far as I know, haven't tested voltages yet.
Reseated every MACH chip on the Mediator to no avail.
The Voodoo 3 2000 and the Virge have been both tested in PC and they both work fine.
Tried with both VoodooMem 10 and 13.
I always keep VoodooMemOS to no, since I don't want it to be added to the system memory.
VoodooInt is set to yes, as far as I can remember.
I've imported the 31KHz settings for Picasso96 using the installer, I do get a wide range of resolutions, but most of them just produce a garbled image while freezing my 4000. The only one letting me go back and test again is 800x600.
OS3.9 installed, with Boing Bags 1&2, and as far as I can remember 3 and 4 too.

I've reinstalled everything multiple times and checked that I've got all the latest libs and devs in the right place.

Any help on further steps I might take? I know my way around AmigaOS and a soldering station, so fire away with all kinds of crazy suggestions!

Thanks everyone :bowdown:

Last edited:
Well, solved it by installing MMULib, go figure. I guess this can be closed :)

so glad you got it solved mate, better leave this thread as-is for future reference!
enjoy your now workinh hardware, it is always a bummer to get something new and have to spent so much time setting it up!

Back
Top Bottom