Blogger
Rating - 100%
1041   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hi,

I'm looking for PCI NIC to use with Mediator 1200 black edition, please let me know if you have anything to sell?

Cheers.

Steve.

Still looking.

Also other PCI cards required, Voodoo, Sound, Bootleg Spider USB.

Cheers

Hi,

I'm looking for PCI NIC to use with Mediator 1200 black edition, please let me know if you have anything to sell?

Cheers.

Steve.

Sorry, NIC means Ethernet 10/100 Mbps here, or what? I even have 4/16/100 Mbps Token-Ring too!

Cheers

Last edited:
Sorry I mean something like the Bigfoot Networks Killer which can be used as a PPC accelerator with a mediator PCI.

PS, I always thought that NIC was a term for the card itself, apologies for any confusion.

Last edited:
Sorry I mean something like the Bigfoot Networks Killer which can be used as a PPC accelerator with a mediator PCI.

PS, I always thought that NIC was a term for the card itself, apologies for any confusion.

I wasn't trying to snipe at you, but there are altogether too many acronyms around and they get abused. NIC means Network Interface Card in my lexicon, but which type of network is crucial (EtherNet, Token-Ring, PC Network Broadband/Baseband etc.). It's similar to bus type, many uninformed people confuse MCA (MicroChannel Architecture) adapters for PCI cards because their connectors look the same (white for PCI slots, brown/black for MCA, however). PCI cards have the main components on the right side, when viewed from the end-plate, MCA on the left, although that's not always true with dual bus adapters like the Attachmate IRMA II and III or the ATI 8514 Ultra, which can convert to either ISA bus or MCA bus.

PPC means Power PC processor here?

Last edited:
Yep that's right, there are some cards that the power pc processor can be used by the Amiga such as the sonnet and ragnarok cards, the bigfoot networks I think is the most affordable. I've been away from the Amiga scene for a while so just getting back into it again. Here is some info:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=76633

Yep that's right, there are some cards that the power pc processor can be used by the Amiga such as the sonnet and ragnarok cards, the bigfoot networks I think is the most affordable. I've been away from the Amiga scene for a while so just getting back into it again. Here is some info:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=76633

Ahh, OK. Specific PCI cards with PPC processors onboard can be abused to perform other functions than that originally designed. An interesting concept. The Amiga processor/memory bus bridged to the PCI bus being a possible "roadblock" dependant upon the PPC-based card's capabilities as a bus master. All very weird, but beyond my knowledge base. Thanks for the URL, I enjoyed the brain-teasing. :D

Closing this down, not sure it's going to work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom