Sold Large collection of SCSI and ATA hard drives (ex. IBM PS/2 etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please note added drives, notes, link in post #1

Last edited:
Hi,

Declare interest when still on sale:

Some 50-pin SCSI examples:

Western Digital 1/3 height 3.5" WDS-3160 160MB
Western Digital 1/3 height 3.5" WDS-3200 200MB
Fujitsu 1/2 height 3.5" M2622SA 330MB
IBM 0663-E12 1/2 height 3.5" 1.2GB
IBM 0664-M1H 1/2 height 3.5" 2GB

Regards, Sveta

Update:
0663-E12 has failed, I will check for another, but do you have a second choice for that?

Various status changes and additions in first post.

I have one extra Quantum LPS270 50-pin SCSI drive, but can't find one more micro-jumper, so can only be set as IDs 0,1,2 or 4, if anyone cares?

Last edited:
Various status changes and additions in first post.

I have one extra Quantum LPS270 50-pin SCSI drive, but can't find one more micro-jumper, so can only be set as IDs 0,1,2 or 4, if anyone cares?

Added PS/2 DBA-ESDI drives for 286,386SX & 386DX desktop systems.

Last edited:
We already have pm'ed concerning 3 50-Pin SCSIs. Now I see this 'IBM PS/2 DBA-ESDI drives (no sleds, suit PS/2 Models 50z/55SX/55LS/70)' and am utterly interested in one of it for my IBM PS/2 386SX as a spare.
Which capacity are these ?

Last edited:
We already have pm'ed concerning 3 50-Pin SCSIs. Now I see this 'IBM PS/2 DBA-ESDI drives (no sleds, suit PS/2 Models 50z/55SX/55LS/70)' and am utterly interested in one of it for my IBM PS/2 386SX as a spare.
Which capacity are these ?

30MB and 60MB. I don't have a system that can LLF them, but they're tested working.

Bumpy! New Year's done, so I'm getting back to clearing out again.

Bumpy and I'm going away until early March, so no urgent requests before then, please.

Can I use the of 50 pin hard disks to my old Macintosh computers?

Last edited:
Provided their form factor and capacity are compatible, yes. Check your BIOS's support requirements/limitations.

Last edited:
I thought (correct me if im wrong) there is no theoretical limit on old 50 pin scsi drives, the whole point of scsi was to hand off the management of the media to the drive itself avoiding poorly written or old PC bios limitations.

If i remember correctly IDE reports the actual layout of the drive sectors - heads - etc to make a capacity a minefield of issues but with scsi just the drive capacity is given which can be partitioned without the headache of compatibility issues. ??

the reason scsi seems to be more expensive. ???

Hi @WBST,
nice to meet you and have a German beer together last night. Thank you very much for 4 HD drives and one floppy drive unit.
Please let me know your Paypal address via PM.
Thanks
Mark

Hi @WBST,
nice to meet you and have a German beer together last night. Thank you very much for 4 HD drives and one floppy drive unit.
Please let me know your Paypal address via PM.
Thanks
Mark

You're welcome. PM replied to, still more to go, people.

Any 1.2 to 2.1gb 50pin scsi left? what is happening with the dead drives?

I believe so regarding the 50-pins 1.2-2.1GB, but will have to double-check since I've been away so long, and there may be reservations I've forgotten.

Dead drives: apart from the big full height 5.25" 1.9GB drive, which is reserved for someone, they're just piling up for the moment until I can more fully diagnose them.

I thought (correct me if im wrong) there is no theoretical limit on old 50 pin scsi drives, the whole point of scsi was to hand off the management of the media to the drive itself avoiding poorly written or old PC bios limitations.

If i remember correctly IDE reports the actual layout of the drive sectors - heads - etc to make a capacity a minefield of issues but with scsi just the drive capacity is given which can be partitioned without the headache of compatibility issues. ??

the reason scsi seems to be more expensive. ???

It's a question of the old PC and PS/2 BIOS mapping of the LBA count to the Int 13h CHS parameters (I don't know about Apples, Macs, Lisas or whatever, you must know your own system's limitations/requirements!). Later OSes have drivers that support them "natively", of course. There were multiple size breakpoints during the '80s and '90s for different BIOS implementations, as drive capacities grew and grew. Even now there is the question of 32-bit LBAs or support for the later 48-bit implementation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom