AMIGA 3000 and "recent" flatscreen options

Iggi

Banned
Country
Germany
Region
NRW, 59846 Sundern
Dear community,

having come back to my AMIGA after nearly 30 years of a "diaspora" I would like to combine old values with new technologies. Left the AMIGA and from NeXT to OS X I live in an APPLE world.

My AMIGA 3000D is equipped with a Picasso II. My 1084's and 1085's are nice for gaming but I would like to be able to use my DVI APPLE CINEMA Display for workbench related stuff. There are several SCART upscalers to HDMI but what I found out is that the minimum resolution is 640x480 (I would use a DVI to HDMI converter for the CINEMA DISPLAY).

From a technical perspective does the Picasso II with its internal scan doubler generate for all modes a 640x480 31,5 kHz signal? Or which output signal is generated when playing games (lets say 320x256 PAL) and you have connected your screen to the Picasso II VGA port?

I think the market is too small to justify development of a "modern" video ZIII card with HDMI (fees that would have to be paid if not not going the DVI route)?

Cheers

Iggi

Hi Iggy,

Welcome back. The picasso outputs at 31khz so any modern display will work. I think native amiga modes are double.. Can't remember for sure.

You will be happy to know that modern video cards with hdmi out are available now. See the va2000 and zz9000.

Back
Top Bottom