bluethunder

Country
canada
Region
alberta
Hi Everyone.

Few months ago, I found this project:
https://www.lighttech-hg.de/index.php/open-source-projects/a2000-scandoubler

A low cost video scan doubler for my A2000. I had some boards made, bought some parts, and assembled it over the last few weeks.

This weekend, after fighting with my Xilinx cable, and the 14.7 version of ISE Webpack in a VM, I got the .jed file into the CLPD.

I get a flicker of a distorted workbench, then black, rinse repeat, on my LCD

I think it may have been designed with a PAL amiga in mind, and mine is NTSC.

I'm not sure where to even start troubleshooting.

Has any one else built one of these?

Joe

Yup, i've builded it. It is neither good or bad scandoubler, it just work. Can you post photos of jumpers? IIRC i've used two jumpers to pick correct sync frequency on it.

Last edited:
Yup, i've builded it. It is neither good or bad scandoubler, it just work. Can you post photos of jumpers? IIRC i've used two jumpers to pick correct sync frequency on it.

The lighttech website doesn't really cover what the jumper settings are.

Right now, I had tried no jumper, jumper on the bottom, and jumper on the top.

Jumper layout:
. . .
. . .

. . .
. X X

. X X
. . .

Cheers, Joe

Last edited:
As much i can see - it is 2-layer board, GND and power are pin to pin attached, this means it will catch up any interference.. Hopefully picture quality is ok...
I can recommend Matzes Flicker Fixer:
2020-01-16 13.39.15.jpg
Here on picture is rev.2 next version has few new features added
Have built at least five of them and im very pleased with the quality of the output

Last edited:
Yeah, its quite ok. Only firmware is a bit broken and dont scale picture to 800*600... Its like You paste amiga picture into 800*600 frame.... Bottom 1/3 of screen is black or have random color pixels...

How does the Matzes flicker fixer handle 512 line pal resolutions on a modern lcd vga monitor? Does it just chop what ever falls outside 640x480?

Back
Top Bottom