Iggi's SCSI2SD V6 AMIGA 3000 slot cover - Custom development

Iggi

Banned
Country
Germany
Region
NRW, 59846 Sundern
Hi,

probably my midlife crisis (even though my whole life is a crisis :) ) I am pimping my A3000D.

Want to have my quiet A3000D connected soon to my Cinema Display and the harddisk has to leave as I wanted to use the SCSI2SD solution which looks nice to me BUT most of the mounting kits are for the 3,5" floppy drive bays.

Ok, nice thing is, that we do have at work a fiber laser cutting machine and why not design and manufacture a slot cover for the SCSI2SD V6 that makes it easy to access the SD and USB ports?

Here we go with my prototype. Hope you like it.

Cheers

Iggi

IMG_1531.jpgIMG_1532.jpgIMG_1530.jpg

That looks really cool. I'm not too familiar with the A3000, but I'm thinking this would work really well with an A2000 too, and it wouldn't require a long SCSI cable anymore, you could just use a short one (if this custom slot cover you designed is placed next to your SCSI card) and it'd be heaps neater inside. Great job! (y)

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Ok, have done a small update (I forgot that for sure we do have the mainboard Zorro slots :nuts:) will post a picture of the updated version.

Will do a small badge of 10 units.

Cheers

Iggi

- - - Updated - - -

Btw :LOL: it is made out of 1.4828 (T309) stainless steel .. lasts up to 1050°C :LOL: because that's what we use for our performance exhausts :shhh:

Cheers

Iggi

I think I like the new version even better .. polished :)

Ok, anyone interested in the AMIGA SCSI2SD slot cover I will have to do a for sale posting.

IMG_1538.jpgIMG_1537.jpg

Cheers

Iggi

Great job! I would like one to
Let me know when you are ready to sell

all the best

Last edited:
Yes I certainly would be interested for my Amiga 2000. Want to Avoid putting in the second bay as I want to put a gotek drive in there if possible.

Thanks guys.

Yeah, the reason for me was that I do not want to open the case of my A3000D just to switch SD's or do a firmware upgrade.

I am just waiting for my SCSI2SD to arrive from Czech Republic :D

Once I know everything works as "designed" I will let you know guys. Have done a small badge of 10 units.

Cheers and merry xxx-mas

Iggi

Wonderful, definitively interested in one or two once they are ready to sell

Great job

@Iggi

The orientation of the slot cover extension makes the word AMIGA back to front.

I think it would look better if the word viewed once inside the machine was the correct way round.

@Iggi

The orientation of the slot cover extension makes the word AMIGA back to front.

I think it would look better if the word viewed once inside the machine was the correct way round.

Bear in mind that you can only read AMIGA from the bottom side as you mount the SCSI2SD interface on the top .. will show more pictures once my card arrives :-(

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers

Iggi

Back
Top Bottom