Amiga 600 mechanical keyboard kits available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I would post a picture of my A600 now that I have received it, built my own keyboard and have the full set of keycaps:

Z7zNOwkl.jpg

Here's the full-sized link: https://i.imgur.com/Z7zNOwk.jpg

It's beautiful to look at and the feel is amazing, it makes me want to do some assembly and play some text adventures. I never had one of these little machines back in the day but it is fast becoming a favourite. However I am again waiting on some parts to come in before I can build any more keyboards.

Yesterday I designed and printed a mount for the Centurion Goex drive emulator. I'm waiting on the OLED display to complete that little project. I have an Individual Computers memory expansion + Indivision fitted and the VGA output neatly fits in the slot the modulator used to occupy. I am also building a TF536 for 68030 acceleration, and working with a guy that has designed a riser to plug this accelerator over the top of the PLCC-mounted 68000 in the A600. At this rate I am not going to need to buy a Warp 1260 :D

Hi Adam. I bought the GOEX too... why would you need to print a mount for it? Is it going external?

Last edited:
Hi. I just want to confirm i have received the keyboard assembly and it is fantastic. Now chasing keys on Pimp my Keyboard (i need to sort out AZERTY layout).
Leaving feedback. Thanks.

Hi - sorry but you seem to have replies to PMs blocked and I can't reply to you there.

I can help you with two PCBs with cables, connectors and stabilisers but not keyswitches (I have none at the moment), you can find those many places - I recommend Novelkeys LLC.

Weird. Mods: any reason my PMs are being blocked? I haven't changed any settings, and I've purchased from other sellers on here in the past.

@Aeberbach - This is perfect. Seeing as how my PMs are screwy, how would I send payment/proceed? Email?

I did manage to sent you a PM, did you see it? At mac dot com I use this same username also, if you want to try email.

Weird. Mods: any reason my PMs are being blocked? I haven't changed any settings, and I've purchased from other sellers on here in the past

I've had a quick look and can't see anything wrong.

Can you send me a PM please so I can try and reply to it?

Hi, I'd be interested in one of these keyboard kits - I'm attempting to set up a Mister in an A600 case I've acquired - is it possible to set these up to output via regular old USB?

Felix: no they are meant to be used on an Amiga 600 which has its controller on the motherboard.
To do what you want to do you need a third party interface called Keyrah (made by Individual Computers).

Ah cheers - having looked at those before, the cost of getting one to Australia is a bit prohibitive - I might have to make do cutting the case up a little bit (would rather not of course) and just installing a modern 75% keyboard instead :/

+another 30eu for shipping, making it around about $100AUD for the converter, plus $117 for the mech kit shipped.

Last edited:
True! :D although I spotted I could go with DHL for the Keyrah shipping which would bring that down to around $70AUD - still looks like the dremel will be getting a bit of work..

Slight derail here but hopefully to help FelixNZ with another option and potentially help Aeberbach make a sale - I had a keyrah and didn't like it, so I designed my own functional equivalent using a teensy back when I had a Raspberry Pi living in my A600 case - https://github.com/thinghacker/amiga600_usb_pcb it also drives the LEDs and uses QMK firmware so you can change the keymap if you don't like what I used

That does look a lot more elegant! and a lot cheaper to acquire the little "teensy" board too, that sounds like a go-er to avoid cutting up my case, thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom