Amiga 600 mechanical keyboard kits available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signature Plastics is so busy they have suspended taking new orders. My keys haven’t shipped yet, I just had an email saying one space bar colour was out of stock. If that is all I will still be pretty happy...

I was wondering: I saw somewhere in the past someone making CheeryMX—>Amiga 3D printed key adapters.
Beside the fact that it would sit the keys a bit higher wouldn’t it be a good idea??

It’s certainly worth a look - maybe the keys would be higher than ideal? Or maybe the Cherry switch stem fits entirely inside the Amiga square receptacle so that the adapter is just making it fit snugly and there is no height difference, I actually have no Amiga keys to look at.

Anyway I got a nice surprise today - keyswitches delivered. When I get the stabilisers the keyboards will be complete, when the A600 comes I will be able to test them, then I can actually ship some out.

@Rakeim132 Yes, that's exactly what I'm searching for since I bought a1200 keyboard here.
Didn't find any 3d designs for CheryMX to A1200 keys (I searched google).
Do you know of any such designs ready for 3d print?

Last edited:
Hey everyone, another short update. I am still waiting on stabilisers for the keyboards, and also on the A600 that is to be used as a model for fitting the rails that keep the keyboard in the right place. I have now been waiting for around eight weeks...

@medojev: no but I’m pretty sure I saw or heard about that before... I’ll dig into it.

@Aeberbach: do you need an A600 for tests ?

@rakeim132 I do need one... I bought one here on May 18 but tracking shows it is still sitting in France waiting for an international flight!

My Signature Plastics keys arrived! Ordered May 19, arrived today.

q5I1wOy.jpg

Here’s a link to full size to experience all the glory... https://i.imgur.com/Q6nS0J4.jpg

Great set of keys!

Only comments:
- The Help key is a bit funny but okay...
- The CAPS lock key has no LED ???

Other than that, wonderful.... If I was going QWERTY that's all I'd need Unfortunately I'm after an AZERTY layout...

PM me for an A600. If it's only for mock-up purpose or if you need a fully working one I might be able to borrow you one. I am not selling, lol.

Last edited:
@rakeim132 I do need one... I bought one here on May 18 but tracking shows it is still sitting in France waiting for an international flight!

My Signature Plastics keys arrived! Ordered May 19, arrived today.

View attachment 158711

Here’s a link to full size to experience all the glory... https://i.imgur.com/Q6nS0J4.jpg

Hi, loving the keyboard and was just wondering how much the full set of caps cost in total? Thanks

The Signature Plastics order was US$180. Expensive but once you start down the road and if the end turns out to be expensive, the regret of giving up would be greater than skipping some other purchase. And damn it feels good to type on! These SP keys are solid and really complement the mechanical keyswitches.

Two weeks on - I have several completed A600 keyboards but still no stabilisers! It is rapidly approaching the date where I can start disputing the transaction on AliExpress - no real comfort in doing that but it shows you how long ago it was I ordered these things. I'm looking for other suppliers. Everything else is ready to go, soon as I get stabilisers I will be sending out PMs to people that were interested in an assembled keyboard. There will be one or two not spoken for yet so if you want one now is the time to send me a message.

Would by any chance these stabilizers have the same design than the original A600?
If you can disclose their dimensions and quantities here I’m happy to check...

Unfortunately not, they are for Cherry keyswitches and the original design is very different. However, they arrived yesterday! This weekend I will be able to build all the keyboards!

So, keyboards are made! Huge thanks to Rakeim132 for lending me an A600 to help with assembly!

I have sent PMs to everyone that has been waiting for a keyboard. As I work out how many more units I can make with parts I have, I'll send out more PMs. Grizaptimus and ImacAttackAU are next on the list.

@ImacAttackAU - one of the early pictures I posted shows keycaps that are blank and some I made myself. Later I posted another picture with a nearly full set of keys I put together by ordering individual keys at Signature Plastics, that's the best way I know how to get a complete set at this point. I don't supply keycaps with the keyboards. You can buy keycaps from a lot of places including AliExpress, kbdfans, novelkeys, pimpmykeyboard etc. but I don't know of any place that makes it easy to buy a complete set of A600 keycaps.

So, keyboards are made! Huge thanks to Rakeim132 for lending me an A600 to help with assembly!

I have sent PMs to everyone that has been waiting for a keyboard. As I work out how many more units I can make with parts I have, I'll send out more PMs. Grizaptimus and ImacAttackAU are next on the list.

@ImacAttackAU - one of the early pictures I posted shows keycaps that are blank and some I made myself. Later I posted another picture with a nearly full set of keys I put together by ordering individual keys at Signature Plastics, that's the best way I know how to get a complete set at this point. I don't supply keycaps with the keyboards. You can buy keycaps from a lot of places including AliExpress, kbdfans, novelkeys, pimpmykeyboard etc. but I don't know of any place that makes it easy to buy a complete set of A600 keycaps.

If I have to chase parts that will take me forever to get if ever then I am out if it was complete then that's another thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom