Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Amiga 600 mechanical keyboard kits available

Country
    Australia
    Region:
    Victoria
    Feedback
    12 (100%)

Two weeks on - I have several completed A600 keyboards but still no stabilisers! It is rapidly approaching the date where I can start disputing the transaction on AliExpress - no real comfort in doing that but it shows you how long ago it was I ordered these things. I'm looking for other suppliers. Everything else is ready to go, soon as I get stabilisers I will be sending out PMs to people that were interested in an assembled keyboard. There will be one or two not spoken for yet so if you want one now is the time to send me a message.

Country
    Australia
    Region:
    Gold Coast
    Feedback
    80 (100%)

Would by any chance these stabilizers have the same design than the original A600?
    If you can disclose their dimensions and quantities here Iím happy to check...
    A600HD, A1200 in "home made" tower, A4000T in progress...

Country
    Australia
    Region:
    Victoria
    Feedback
    12 (100%)

Unfortunately not, they are for Cherry keyswitches and the original design is very different. However, they arrived yesterday! This weekend I will be able to build all the keyboards!

Country
    Australia
    Region:
    Gold Coast
    Feedback
    80 (100%)

Fantastic news!
    A600HD, A1200 in "home made" tower, A4000T in progress...

Country
    United States
    Region:
    Oklahoma
    Feedback
    1 (100%)

Is it still possible to get in on this? I would like an assembled keyboard except for the switches if possible.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Region:
    Derbyshire
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Blog Entries

That's awesome, thanks for the update. About to rob my 600 keyboard for a 'meets' build so great timing.
    -
    Current - A600 1.5 Rev, Gotek, SD Drive, WB3.1 3.1 Rom - Awaiting Unit & Parts...

Previous - A600 1.5 Rev, ACA 020 Accelerator, Gotek, CF Drive, WB3.1, 3.1 Rom, WIFI PCMCIA

Country
    Australia
    Region:
    Victoria
    Feedback

I am interested in a fully assembled keyboard but why are the top keys blank ?

Country
    Australia
    Region:
    Victoria
    Feedback
    12 (100%)

So, keyboards are made! Huge thanks to Rakeim132 for lending me an A600 to help with assembly!

I have sent PMs to everyone that has been waiting for a keyboard. As I work out how many more units I can make with parts I have, I'll send out more PMs. Grizaptimus and ImacAttackAU are next on the list.

@ImacAttackAU - one of the early pictures I posted shows keycaps that are blank and some I made myself. Later I posted another picture with a nearly full set of keys I put together by ordering individual keys at Signature Plastics, that's the best way I know how to get a complete set at this point. I don't supply keycaps with the keyboards. You can buy keycaps from a lot of places including AliExpress, kbdfans, novelkeys, pimpmykeyboard etc. but I don't know of any place that makes it easy to buy a complete set of A600 keycaps.

Country
    Australia
    Region:
    Victoria
    Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Aeberbach View Post
    So, keyboards are made! Huge thanks to Rakeim132 for lending me an A600 to help with assembly!

I have sent PMs to everyone that has been waiting for a keyboard. As I work out how many more units I can make with parts I have, I'll send out more PMs. Grizaptimus and ImacAttackAU are next on the list.

@ImacAttackAU - one of the early pictures I posted shows keycaps that are blank and some I made myself. Later I posted another picture with a nearly full set of keys I put together by ordering individual keys at Signature Plastics, that's the best way I know how to get a complete set at this point. I don't supply keycaps with the keyboards. You can buy keycaps from a lot of places including AliExpress, kbdfans, novelkeys, pimpmykeyboard etc. but I don't know of any place that makes it easy to buy a complete set of A600 keycaps.
    If I have to chase parts that will take me forever to get if ever then I am out if it was complete then that's another thing.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456