fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Was asked for some pics of an old project and realise that many of my old threads no longer have the pics, not sure if it's of any use to the boards to resurrect and update these old threads now however I wanted to post these as they were asked for, this is my old A1200 Tower Setup, it had a Rev2 BPPC that ran at 66/330 (060/PPC) and was fitted with the Grex PCI inc Sound, Lan and Voodoo 3. As it was non mediator USB was covered by a Subway. I really miss this setup, this was one of my favourite setups, I highly regret selling this!

I'll try and find more pics of old projects and post here if anyone is interested, I know most of you have seen it all before but this brings back some great memories for me especially the meets we had over the years and bringing these to events (y)

P1050243.jpg

P1050245.jpg

P1050246.jpg

Quake 2 Timedemo:

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgr1SnNZOuY[/m]

Edit to comply with grammar police

Last edited:
Hi Man,
even if the project is not current, I believe that many will once again appreciate your old creation.

Also because fans of the Amiga world, like you and me, are used to working on Hardware and Software with a few years, together with the recent Hardware and Software ...;)

So, I thank you first! :bowdown:

Last edited:
Hi mate, I'm glad you enjoyed the pics, etc. It's great that we can still enjoy this old hardware with some new bits and bobs to keep it current. I'd love to put together a P3 + Voodoo 5 PC, was the dream back in the day. I had a Compaq P1 200mmx with Voodoo II as my first PC (PCI pass though card) I remember playing Quake, etc on that. I never had an Amiga until around 2002 an old A1200, the rest is history. I remember I bought a floppy drive and it arrived faulty, the seller sent me a whole A500 as a replacement, oh how times have changed lol.

Hi mate, I'm glad you enjoyed the pics, etc. It's great that we can still enjoy this old hardware with some new bits and bobs to keep it current. I'd love to put together a P3 + Voodoo 5 PC, was the dream back in the day. I had a Compaq P1 200mmx with Voodoo II as my first PC (PCI pass though card) I remember playing Quake, etc on that. I never had an Amiga until around 2002 an old A1200, the rest is history. I remember I bought a floppy drive and it arrived faulty, the seller sent me a whole A500 as a replacement, oh how times have changed lol.

Do you think my passion for the hardware world started with the Commodore.
In the 80s and 90s, my brother and I gave a hand to our father who was a blacksmith.
To raise the money to buy a Commodore computer, we repainted two facades of 1
2-story high-iron balconies, we destroyed ourselves, an incredible ass! :eek: :p
But when we bought our first Commodore Personal Computer (what a beautiful sound ...) I never left this world.
;)
Since then everything it has been a growing experience.
(y)

The Thread dedicated to our Communities, Amiga & 3Dfx, is completed!

The Two Phoenix! (Link)

Last edited:
Thread cleaned up.

You got any more photos of your other projects Steve?

Thread cleaned up.

You got any more photos of your other projects Steve?

Yes I do I'll dig them out over the holidays and maybe post a few if anyone's interested. :)

Last edited:
I'd be interested in your cabinet build.

Is it working now?

nice one steve you helped me in the early days of coming back to get into the machines again

I'd be interested in your cabinet build.

Is it working now?

Hi Dave, sadly it's an empty shell at the moment as I want to make some changes to it, I did manage to get it up and running with a different screen but the chassis needs to be modified to get it at the correct angle plus I want to solder the wires instead of the connector blocks due to poor contact (might try tinning the ends first) Will update the original thread once I work on it again (probably the spring when I can get outside and cut it, no garage here sadly.)

Thread cleaned up.

Thanks DaviDeo! ;)

@fitzsteve

Hi Man,
I have an old creation of mine with an Amiga 4000 built twenty years ago, do you say I can put photos here?

Hi Mate, sure thing, sorry for the late reply. (y)

nice one steve you helped me in the early days of coming back to get into the machines again

We all helped each other out, that's what is great about this community :cool:

Howdy, been meaning to update this thread.

This was one of my highest spec setups, Mirage Pro Tower with upgraded CSPPC:

IMG_3280.jpg

IMG_3279.JPG

IMG_3281.jpg

IMG_3275.jpg

IMG_3276.jpg

IMG_3277.jpg

IMG_3278.jpg

[m]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bUKGpQe0Ng[/m]

Had all the trimmings, Deneb USB, extra Ram, UW SCSI-IDE for a blistering 30mb/sec transfer and of course the Mediator PCI. Obliterated any application thrown at it.

I was asked recently if I regret selling everything when I did. Well of course I would love to still have of these amazing setups but I feel privileged to have owned and enjoyed them when I did, the Amiga community have given me so much, great friends, amazing experiences and I really wouldn't change a thing.

Plus I'm kind of enjoying finding me feet again with a renewed interest :)

Just finding my feet again here too Steve, nice to see you still on the scene!

Commodore Amiga 4000 Tower Custom

Commodore Amiga 4000 Tower Custom

Hello to all,
in the year 1999/2000 I decided to modify an old PC case to host my Amiga 4000.

This was my configuration:

Components:

• Case Tower Custom Amiga 4000
• Power Supply Unit PC Custom
• Cyberstorm Accellerator System CPU-68060
• Cyberstorm Ram Module
• Cyberstorm Fast SCSI Controller
• Cybervision64-3d Scandoubler Module
• Original Amiga 4000 Keyboard total Clean
• Dvd-RW
• Hardisk 2.1Gbyte
• N°2 Floppy Driver 880k full Working
• 32MB RamEdo
• 2MB ChipRam
• KickStart ROM Version 3.1
• SuperBuster 11, Socketed

Installed Operating System:

• Amiga OS 3.5

After years, I sold this configuration to prepare another one always made with an Amiga 4000.
Unfortunately the motherboard was no longer working and I sent it for repair.
As soon as I recover all components I hope to rebuild a beautiful configuration like the old days ...;):)

Congratulations @fitzsteve for your work, really well done! :bowdown:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom