• Thread starter Cozzer79
  • Start date
  • Replies 60
  • Views 13190
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cozzer79

Hi all - I've decided that I no longer want to keep my A1200, and have decided to sell it on.

The machine clearly has an issue with either/both of Alice and Lisa - this is causing graphics defects in the early startup menu, and more and more often stability within the OS. All of the bits have been tested in isolation, so I can confidently say that the issue is with the mainboard, and nothing else.

Edit: I've since decided to part out the whole thing too; although I'd still prefer to sell as a complete unit for someone else to correct its issues (the altogether total is less than the sum of the components). All prices are without fees or postage. I've also had to order some anti-static bags to post components in, so until they arrive, I'll be unable to despatch. Edit: It's just the motherboard that I don't have a bag to fit currently, I found a load at work.

• Nightlong Amiga RTG/PPC (CD)
    £35 (was £40)
    Sold outside of AmiBay

• 2 x Krtl32 game pads
    £30 each (was £35 each)
    - Both sold outside of AmiBay

• Benq 702A 17" monitor
  • RGB > VGA adapter (15KHz only)
    £70 (was £80)
    Sold outside AmiBay

• Blizzard BPPC Freescale Rev6 68060@60MHz, 603e PPC@240MHz and SCSI - custom milled heatsink made of lithium enriched copper (original heatsink also provided)
  • 256MB 60ns RAM
  • BPPC SCSI cable (micro 50pin to 50pin standard)
  • 3D printed hexagonal trapdoor for better cooling; with section removed to allow BPPC heatsink to fit
  • Blizzard Vision PPC graphics (no video cable)
  • CyberGraphX 4 CD
    £1,300 (was £1,400) or £950 for the BPPC, RAM & SCSI cable, and £400 for the BVision and CyberGraphX CD
    Sold to Kunglao - payment received, feedback sent, posted, arrived; awaiting test

• SCSI2SD v5.0a with 16GB MicroSD (will be blanked)
    £45
    Sold to gommaeacca - payment received, feedback sent, posted, feedback received

• A1200 keyboard with CDTV keycaps - the metalwork normally in the topright corner has been removed
    £70
    Sold to Fogg_80 - payment received, feedback sent, posted, arrived

• Original OS 3.9 (CD)
    £20
    Sold to Fogg_80 - payment received, feedback sent, posted, arrived

• 1D4 motherboard (new caps in 2016 by Bebek, RF modulator and 020 removed, passive CD Audio mixer and jump connector added for clockport expander) - has the aforementioned issues with Alice/Lisa Edit: now that I've removed the Indivision, I can make the issues go away by pressing down on Lisa; so she needs reflowing or similar which I'm not capable of
  • Clockport expander II
  • Minimal lower shield (Centuriontech) and isolating sheet for underneath
  • NO kickstart provided
    £90 (was £100)
    Sold to timtheloon - payment received, feedback sent, posted, feedback received

• Licensed 3.1.4 Kickstart; modded 1MB version also provided (most useful with a BPPC)
  • OS 3.1.4 A1200 Floppies
    £20
    Sold to ianoakley - payment received, feedback sent, posted, feedback received

• A1200.net black case with USB ports and SD connector fitted (and other modifications - please see pics)
  • BiFrost LEDs (altered to allow HDD LED activity from SCSI2SD etc.)
  • DVD/RW
  • Gayle reset fix (forms part of the DVD/RW mount)
  • HxC Rev C with display screen and external control buttons
  • Floppy cable with switch to swap drives (FDD as DF0, HxC as DF1 - FDD as DF1 and HxC as DF0)
  • Blanker for the floppy port
  • Floppy support and all screws
    £60
    Sold to ethan - payment received, feedback sent, posted, feedback received

• Escom Black Amiga mouse, laser upgraded
    £30
    Sold to ethan - payment received, feedback send, posted, feedback received

• Ratte switch (with CIA connector, and display cables for BVision and Indivision Mk2cr)
    £40

• Repro A1200 box
    £35

• Indivision AGA Mk2cr (with no display cable)
    £150
    Sold to miggymad - payment received, feedback sent, posted, feedback received

• Amiga 1200 upgraded PSU (power-switched unit inside, Eos VLT60-3000)
    £45
    Sold to Iwoska - payment received, feedback sent, posted, feedback received

• PCMCIA WiFi network card (WPA2 enabled)
    £15

• PCMCIA CF card adapter (with 1GB CF Card - blanked)
    £10

• RapidRoad USB with clockport cable, but no USB ports (256MB Flash Drive included - these ports would work - insert with the two blank pins at the keyed end)
    £85 (was £90)
    Sold outside AmiBay

• Chinon FZ-357A (recapped by Amiga Passion in 2019) - no facia, as to fit an A1200 etc (Top and facia from an FZ-354 would fit to make it towerable again; you can also solder in an LED should you wish)
    £50 (was £55)
    Sold outside AmiBay

• WipeOut 2097 Amiga PPC (CD)
    £30
    Sold outside AmiBay

Here's the kicker - for everything, looking for £2,300 (was £2,500) plus postage and fees as appropriate. I am willing to post it, which even within the UK won't be particularly cheap, and although I'll package it to withstand most abuse; how it arrives is ultimately your risk. Preferably, I'd like someone to come collect it - that'd be much safer!

Thanks for reading! I will be advertising elsewhere also.

IMG-0927.jpg

IMG-0916.jpg

1D4 motherboard with alterations (no RF tuner, added passive CD audio mixer, power connectors, removed 020, heatsink on Alice), Ratte switch, Indivision AGA MK2cr, floppy swap cable, SD card extension for SCSI2SD, buttons for HxC, Gayle reset fix, Clockport Expander II, custom 1MB 3.1.4 ROMs, USB connectors for Rapidroad

IMG-0917.jpg

BPPC Rev0, Freescale Rev6 060 @ 50MHz, 603e PPC @240MHz with SCSI. The CPU was upgraded to 060 by John Hertell, and the card looked over and repaired by Stachu100 - the heatsink was designed by Highpuff, and made by some friends out of lithium-enriched copper. The BVision PPC was also repaired by Hese (all RAM chips replaced with new ones)

IMG-0918.jpg

DVD-R/W, Rapidroad USB, 256MB RAM

IMG-0919.jpg

Altered hex trapdoor to allow for maximal cooling - the feet are also slightly taller than standard to allow better airflow

IMG-0920.jpg

Keycaps are from a CDTV; W and D were made by myself - I'm awaiting a set of keycaps from the A1200.net Kickstarter which will come with an extra W and D key that I will forward on for free

IMG-0925.jpg

Cooling fan for Invidision AGA, HxC, Cooling fan for BVision, HxC display, Bifrost LEDs (altered to allow HDD activity for the SCSI2SD)

IMG-0926.jpg

IMG-0929.jpg

I'm also awaiting a floppy button from the original A1200.net Kickstart - again, when I receive this, I'll forward it on for free

IMG-0930.jpg

IMG-0931.jpg

IMG-0934.jpg

IMG-0936.jpg

IMG-0935.jpg

IMG-0937.jpg

Spare HDD cable, original BPPC heatsink, licenced 3.1.4 ROMs, clockport extension cable, manuals for Rapidroad and Bifrost, original A1200.net trapdoor, WiFi card, CF adapter card, stereo RF to 3.5mm stereo adapter, 25 to 9 pin serial adapter, 256MB USB stick, RGB to VGA (15kHz) adapter

IMG-0938.jpg

IMG-0939.jpg

IMG-0940.jpg

AmigaOS 3.1.4, both Lemmings, and Workbench 1.3.2 are original (1.3.2 has a remade label) - OS2.1 is a mixture of original media (in new cases) and remade labels

IMG-0941.jpg

Floppy box with 2 unopened boxes of NOS HD floppies

IMG-0942.jpg

CD for this magazine still present

IMG-0943.jpg

IMG-0944.jpg

IMG-0945.jpg

IMG-0946.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/embed/gzOjf-8l1DA
This best shows the issues with either Alice/Lisa or both - sometimes this doesn't happen at all (and the machine is completely stable), and occasionally it refuses to start at all

https://www.youtube.com/embed/kKkUzyBpXbU

https://www.youtube.com/embed/aHVAOKwzSjk
There are external control buttons for the HxC below the floppy drive; a rocker for going up/down, and a button to select

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Daf8N8MYhsU
When the switch is closest to the internal FDD (1.76MB Chinon FZ-357A) it is selected as DF0, and the HxC is DF1 - when clostest to the HxC, the HxC is DF0 and the internal FDD is DF1.
The floppy socket is blocked off, as with this configration in place, connecting an external floppy does strange things

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, with all the upgrades you did, why didn't you upgrade the PPC to 330 mhz? Not complaining, just curious. Regardless it's a sweet machine.

Out of curiosity, with all the upgrades you did, why didn't you upgrade the PPC to 330 mhz? Not complaining, just curious. Regardless it's a sweet machine.

The PPC was already the fastest one that the cards shipped with, and when I was considering going to the overclocked 300MHz part, it's TDP was much higher - cooling was already an issue at the time, but I guess with how it eventually turned out, it wouldn't have been a problem lol

Lowered the overall asking price, and parted out - preference would be to sell as a whole; I'm currently awaiting anti-static bags to allow individual postage

Interested in case, repro box and ratte switch.
I will send a pm.

Thank you.

Edit
Forgot the mouse, this one too.

Last edited:
Interested in:

• A1200 keyboard with CDTV keycaps - the metalwork normally in the topright corner has been removed
    £70;
  • Original 3.9 cd.
PM on the way

Hi,

Interest for:

A1200 keyboard with CDTV keycaps and A1200.net black case with USB ports and SD connector fitted .

Next in line. Thanks.

Regards, Sveta

Next in line and express interest for :

• Licensed 3.1.4 Kickstart; modded 1MB version also provided (most useful with a BPPC)
  • OS 3.1.4 A1200 Floppies
    £20

It's such a shame to see this beauty broken apart! If I could convince my wife to say yes again I'd take the whole thing.

Expressing an interest in

Indivision AGA Mk2cr (with no display cable)
£150

PM sent with question.

Update : Payment sent (y)

Last edited:
Hi,
interested in the Indivision AGA Mk2cr (with no display cable).
Will send PM asap.
Regards, Hans

Declaring interest in:

Amiga 1200 upgraded PSU (power-switched unit inside, Eos VLT60-3000)
£45

Escom Black Amiga mouse, laser upgraded
£30

PCMCIA WiFi network card (WPA2 enabled)
£15

PCMCIA CF card adapter (with 1GB CF Card - blanked)
£10

Last edited:
Next in line just in case for:
Keyboard with CDTV keycaps,
Laser upgraded mouse

Wysłane z mojego ASUS_Z00AD przy użyciu Tapatalka

Hi there,

I've just PM'd you with a quote for the total with postage.

Best,

Colin
Interested in case, repro box and ratte switch.
I will send a pm.

Thank you.

Edit
Forgot the mouse, this one too.

- - - Updated - - -

Interested in:

£70;
  • Original 3.9 cd.
PM on the way

Hi there,

Best,

Colin

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Ian,

I've just PM'd you with a quote for the total with postage - I don't think the case is going to get as far as you!

Best,

Colin
Interested in:

3.1.4 kickstart and floppies

Will PM regarding these.

- - - Updated - - -

It is, and is isn't matey - I had so much fun putting her together; but then spent so much time waiting for people to do things to bits of it for me too lol

I'll build something else and have fun with that; I'm happy enough emulating the Amiga that I spent so long building :) And as I'm not making best use of her anymore, other people might as well!

It's such a shame to see this beauty broken apart! If I could convince my wife to say yes again I'd take the whole thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi there,

Best,

Colin
Expressing an interest in

Indivision AGA Mk2cr (with no display cable)
£150

PM sent with question.

Update : awaiting payment details from seller

- - - Updated - - -

Hi there,

I've just PM'd you with a quote for the total with postage; but without the mouse - pretty sure that's gone, but I'll let you know if not.

Best,

Colin
Declaring interest in:

Amiga 1200 upgraded PSU (power-switched unit inside, Eos VLT60-3000)
£45

Escom Black Amiga mouse, laser upgraded
£30

PCMCIA WiFi network card (WPA2 enabled)
£15

PCMCIA CF card adapter (with 1GB CF Card - blanked)
£10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom