Thread: Heavily expanded A1200 now split

Country
    United Kingdom
    Region:
    Oxfordshire
    Feedback
    80 (100%)

Default Heavily expanded A1200 now split

Hi all - I've decided that I no longer want to keep my A1200, and have decided to sell it on.

The machine clearly has an issue with either/both of Alice and Lisa - this is causing graphics defects in the early startup menu, and more and more often stability within the OS. All of the bits have been tested in isolation, so I can confidently say that the issue is with the mainboard, and nothing else.

Edit: I've since decided to part out the whole thing too; although I'd still prefer to sell as a complete unit for someone else to correct its issues (the altogether total is less than the sum of the components). All prices are without fees or postage. I've also had to order some anti-static bags to post components in, so until they arrive, I'll be unable to despatch. Edit: It's just the motherboard that I don't have a bag to fit currently, I found a load at work.

• Nightlong Amiga RTG/PPC (CD)
      35 (was 40)
      Sold outside of AmiBay

• 2 x Krtl32 game pads
      30 each (was 35 each)
      - Both sold outside of AmiBay

• Benq 702A 17" monitor
    • RGB > VGA adapter (15KHz only)
      70 (was 80)
      Sold outside AmiBay

• Blizzard BPPC Freescale Rev6 68060@60MHz, 603e PPC@240MHz and SCSI - custom milled heatsink made of lithium enriched copper (original heatsink also provided)
    • 256MB 60ns RAM
    • BPPC SCSI cable (micro 50pin to 50pin standard)
    • 3D printed hexagonal trapdoor for better cooling; with section removed to allow BPPC heatsink to fit
    • Blizzard Vision PPC graphics (no video cable)
    • CyberGraphX 4 CD
      1,300 (was 1,400) or 950 for the BPPC, RAM & SCSI cable, and 400 for the BVision and CyberGraphX CD
      Sold to Kunglao - payment received, feedback sent, posted, arrived; awaiting test

• SCSI2SD v5.0a with 16GB MicroSD (will be blanked)
      Sold to gommaeacca - payment received, feedback sent, posted, feedback received

• A1200 keyboard with CDTV keycaps - the metalwork normally in the topright corner has been removed
      Sold to Fogg_80 - payment received, feedback sent, posted

• Original OS 3.9 (CD)
      Sold to Fogg_80 - payment received, feedback sent, posted

• 1D4 motherboard (new caps in 2016 by Bebek, RF modulator and 020 removed, passive CD Audio mixer and jump connector added for clockport expander) - has the aforementioned issues with Alice/Lisa Edit: now that I've removed the Indivision, I can make the issues go away by pressing down on Lisa; so she needs reflowing or similar which I'm not capable of
    • Clockport expander II
    • Minimal lower shield (Centuriontech) and isolating sheet for underneath
    • NO kickstart provided
      90 (was 100)
      Sold to timtheloon - payment received, feedback sent, posted, feedback received

• Licensed 3.1.4 Kickstart; modded 1MB version also provided (most useful with a BPPC)
    • OS 3.1.4 A1200 Floppies
      Sold to ianoakley - payment received, feedback sent, posted, feedback received

• A1200.net black case with USB ports and SD connector fitted (and other modifications - please see pics)
    • BiFrost LEDs (altered to allow HDD LED activity from SCSI2SD etc.)
    • DVD/RW
    • Gayle reset fix (forms part of the DVD/RW mount)
    • HxC Rev C with display screen and external control buttons
    • Floppy cable with switch to swap drives (FDD as DF0, HxC as DF1 - FDD as DF1 and HxC as DF0)
    • Blanker for the floppy port
    • Floppy support and all screws
      Sold to ethan - payment received, feedback sent, posted, feedback received

• Escom Black Amiga mouse, laser upgraded
      Sold to ethan - payment received, feedback send, posted, feedback received

• Ratte switch (with CIA connector, and display cables for BVision and Indivision Mk2cr)

• Repro A1200 box

• Indivision AGA Mk2cr (with no display cable)
      Sold to miggymad - payment received, feedback sent, posted, feedback received

• Amiga 1200 upgraded PSU (power-switched unit inside, Eos VLT60-3000)
      Sold to Iwoska - payment received, feedback sent, posted, feedback received

• PCMCIA WiFi network card (WPA2 enabled)

• PCMCIA CF card adapter (with 1GB CF Card - blanked)

• RapidRoad USB with clockport cable, but no USB ports (256MB Flash Drive included - these ports would work - insert with the two blank pins at the keyed end)
      85 (was 90)
      Sold outside AmiBay

• Chinon FZ-357A (recapped by Amiga Passion in 2019) - no facia, as to fit an A1200 etc (Top and facia from an FZ-354 would fit to make it towerable again; you can also solder in an LED should you wish)
      50 (was 55)
      Sold outside AmiBay

• WipeOut 2097 Amiga PPC (CD)
      Sold outside AmiBay

Here's the kicker - for everything, looking for 2,300 (was 2,500) plus postage and fees as appropriate. I am willing to post it, which even within the UK won't be particularly cheap, and although I'll package it to withstand most abuse; how it arrives is ultimately your risk. Preferably, I'd like someone to come collect it - that'd be much safer!

Thanks for reading! I will be advertising elsewhere also.

1D4 motherboard with alterations (no RF tuner, added passive CD audio mixer, power connectors, removed 020, heatsink on Alice), Ratte switch, Indivision AGA MK2cr, floppy swap cable, SD card extension for SCSI2SD, buttons for HxC, Gayle reset fix, Clockport Expander II, custom 1MB 3.1.4 ROMs, USB connectors for Rapidroad

BPPC Rev0, Freescale Rev6 060 @ 50MHz, 603e PPC @240MHz with SCSI. The CPU was upgraded to 060 by John Hertell, and the card looked over and repaired by Stachu100 - the heatsink was designed by Highpuff, and made by some friends out of lithium-enriched copper. The BVision PPC was also repaired by Hese (all RAM chips replaced with new ones)

DVD-R/W, Rapidroad USB, 256MB RAM

Altered hex trapdoor to allow for maximal cooling - the feet are also slightly taller than standard to allow better airflow

Keycaps are from a CDTV; W and D were made by myself - I'm awaiting a set of keycaps from the A1200.net Kickstarter which will come with an extra W and D key that I will forward on for free

Cooling fan for Invidision AGA, HxC, Cooling fan for BVision, HxC display, Bifrost LEDs (altered to allow HDD activity for the SCSI2SD)

I'm also awaiting a floppy button from the original A1200.net Kickstart - again, when I receive this, I'll forward it on for free

Spare HDD cable, original BPPC heatsink, licenced 3.1.4 ROMs, clockport extension cable, manuals for Rapidroad and Bifrost, original A1200.net trapdoor, WiFi card, CF adapter card, stereo RF to 3.5mm stereo adapter, 25 to 9 pin serial adapter, 256MB USB stick, RGB to VGA (15kHz) adapter

AmigaOS 3.1.4, both Lemmings, and Workbench 1.3.2 are original (1.3.2 has a remade label) - OS2.1 is a mixture of original media (in new cases) and remade labels

Floppy box with 2 unopened boxes of NOS HD floppies

CD for this magazine still present

https://www.youtube.com/embed/gzOjf-8l1DA
    This best shows the issues with either Alice/Lisa or both - sometimes this doesn't happen at all (and the machine is completely stable), and occasionally it refuses to start at all

https://www.youtube.com/embed/kKkUzyBpXbU

https://www.youtube.com/embed/aHVAOKwzSjk
    There are external control buttons for the HxC below the floppy drive; a rocker for going up/down, and a button to select

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Daf8N8MYhsU
    When the switch is closest to the internal FDD (1.76MB Chinon FZ-357A) it is selected as DF0, and the HxC is DF1 - when clostest to the HxC, the HxC is DF0 and the internal FDD is DF1.
    The floppy socket is blocked off, as with this configration in place, connecting an external floppy does strange things
    Last edited by Cozzer79; 15th January 2020 at 17:02. Reason: All items sold
    AMIGA WinUAE

Country
    United States
    Region:
    WV
    Feedback
    63 (100%)

Not interested but had to comment. Sweet machine!

Country
    Italy
    Region:
    lombardia
    Feedback

Wow!

Inviato dal mio ZTE A2020G Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

Country
    United States
    Region:
    WV
    Feedback
    63 (100%)

Out of curiosity, with all the upgrades you did, why didn't you upgrade the PPC to 330 mhz? Not complaining, just curious. Regardless it's a sweet machine.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Region:
    Oxfordshire
    Feedback
    80 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pgovotsos View Post
    Out of curiosity, with all the upgrades you did, why didn't you upgrade the PPC to 330 mhz? Not complaining, just curious. Regardless it's a sweet machine.
    The PPC was already the fastest one that the cards shipped with, and when I was considering going to the overclocked 300MHz part, it's TDP was much higher - cooling was already an issue at the time, but I guess with how it eventually turned out, it wouldn't have been a problem lol
    AMIGA WinUAE

Country
    United Kingdom
    Region:
    Oxfordshire
    Feedback
    80 (100%)

Lowered the overall asking price, and parted out - preference would be to sell as a whole; I'm currently awaiting anti-static bags to allow individual postage
    AMIGA WinUAE

Country
    Germany
    Region:
    Schleswig-Holstein
    Feedback
    10 (100%)

Interested in case, repro box and ratte switch.
    I will send a pm.

Thank you.

Edit
    Forgot the mouse, this one too.
    Last edited by ethan; 31st December 2019 at 12:12. Reason: mouse

Country
    Italia
    Region:
    Foggia, Puglia
    Feedback
    31 (100%)

Interested in:

• A1200 keyboard with CDTV keycaps - the metalwork normally in the topright corner has been removed
      70;
    • Original 3.9 cd.

PM on the way

Country
    United Kingdom
    Region:
    coventry
    Feedback
    36 (100%)

Interested in:

3.1.4 kickstart and floppies

Will PM regarding these.

Country
    Czech Republic
    Region:
    Ustecky kraj
    Feedback
    761 (100%)

Hi,

Interest for:

A1200 keyboard with CDTV keycaps and A1200.net black case with USB ports and SD connector fitted .

Next in line. Thanks.

Regards, Sveta

Czech Amiga Web, Commodore Amiga 4000T

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast