AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Country
Lincolnshire, UK
Region
Lincoln
Hi all,

I have recently acquired a hp Proliant ML350 G6 server which is in desperate need of an upgrade, as it currently only has 6gb of ram and a Intel Xeon 5506 processor... with this in mind I would like to get hold of the following, if anyone has any for sale:-

1. Server grade Registered ECC memory PC3-10600R (ddr3 1333)... I believe this is triple Chanel memory so has to have three memory modules of the same size to work but please someone correct me if this is not the case.

2. Intel Xeon X5675 (6 core)... which is the best Xeon that this motherboard will except

Also I need some advice about service packs/bios updates for this machine... after some research I have found out that you have to have an active service plan with hp to be able to download service packs. As you may well be aware that this server is that old and has been unsupported by hp for many many years there is just no financial reason to have a service plan with them for this outdated server, if in fact they will do anything for it! Anyone with any ideas on how to download the service packs/bios updates please?

Thanks in advance :):)

kindest regards

Last edited:
I have an account on HP (due to my LaserJet printers), plus IBM NetFinity and eServer xSeries servers. If you can supply URLs, maybe I can assist with the downloads.

Sadly, HP demands an active contract for any and all Service Packs for servers. Unlike IBM/Lenovo and other enlightened older system support sites.

For the firmwares, you will need an old copy of the "service pack for proliant" that covers the G6 series. The last one was back in October 2016. The filename of the iso you need is 871790_001_spp-2016.10.0-SPP2016100.2016_1015.191.iso, maybe a google search will turn it up???

Then you need the HP USB tool to create it on an 8GB USB. You should be able to download that without a service agreement. Otherwise you can burn it to a dual layer DVD.

@jabsy - Thanks for the info. I have located and installed some updates so I seem to be good. Now just need to find out why I cant get windows server to instal AHCI driver for the SSD i have installed... Now its only running at slow speeds, around 220mbps! One thing after another with this HP stuff!!

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom