Country
    Finland
    Region:
    Åland Islands
    Feedback
    2 (100%)

Default A314 co-processor cards

Edit 15/2
    I should be able to get the PCBs from the courier on monday, so the second batch of 6 cards should be ready maybe in a week or so!

For some reason I can not reply in the thread anymore. It just says that a moderator need to review the post but then nothing seems to happen despite waiting a few days.
    The question that MoRetro posted has the short answer: Yes, it is the A314 software on the Amiga side that needs a small patch to work with a Vampire 2. The memory detection routine that causes the hiccup might be rewritten in the future to address this.

Edit 6/2:
    Sorry for the delays. I ordered 25 PCBs 20/1 but the Chinese new years and now the coronavirus has kept the factory closed. They now estimate the PCBs will ready 16/2 and should be with me a few days later. So 1-2 weeks after that I should have 5-6 cards ready. After that I'll order components for a slightly larger batch!

Edit:
    The 4 cards I had are sold. I will solder up a few more, but can unfortunately not promise any due date. I will work my way down the queue in this thread once I have them ready.

--------
    Hello!

I have assembled 4 A314 co-processor cards for Amiga 500(+). These will let you connect an Raspberry Pi to the Amiga via the trapdoor expansion slot and use it as a co-processor. Please see https://github.com/niklasekstrom/a314 and the official EAB thread http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=97171 for information.
    Please note that they are hand soldered by me, so there might be small imperfections here and there. But I have tested them all using Diagrom to check every block of memory, then using all available modules from the github repo to see that everything works.
    These include:
    -"picmd" to open a RPI bash shell directly from the Workbench CLI
    -"piaudio" together with mpg123 to play an mp3-file on the raspberry and stream the audio directly to the Amiga soundchip
    -"pidisk" gives the ability to mount a shared folder on the RPI directly in workbench, making data transfer to the Amiga easy
    -"remotewb" captures the video data directly from Denise and duplicates it to a socket in the RPI. This can then be displayed using a web server on the RPI. Mouse/keyboard input is also captured and forwarded from the browsers window to the Amiga, making this functionally a complete VNC solution for Workbench using almost no resources of the 68k.
    -"videoplayer" does the opposite and streams video from the RPI to a framebuffer on the Amiga. It is mostly a proof of concept, but works quite well technically

Also note that any module that relies on writing and reading data to the Amiga chipset (piaudio, remotewb and videoplayer) will require the trapdoor memory to be identified as chipram, so a chipram mod might be advised on regular 500 (the 500+ is setup from factory to use the trapdoor as chipram). Picmd and Pidisk still works properly if the trapdoor is treated as slow-ram.
    The card contains an RTC and 1MB of memory that can be used as normal trapdoor memory. Some Linux knowledge is advised for setting up the RPI, though most things are written up in the github repo's wiki. I can provide some support as well if you need it, either here or on the EfNet IRC-channel #A314.

These are PCB ver 1.1, so you can change compatibility with Amiga 500 <-> 500+ using the jumper JMP3. If closed it works in 500+, if open it works in regular 500.

Any questions just ask

I'm looking to sell them all separately for 120€ + postage a piece. Postage should be 15€ worldwide for registered air-mail. Payment via PayPal is preferred
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200115_225938.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	194.3 KB 
ID:	153144

Name:	IMG_20190908_183508.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	198.7 KB 
ID:	153160

Name:	IMG_20190908_190413.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	197.3 KB 
ID:	153161

Edit:
    queue for the 4 cards:
    -Puppetmaster - Payment received, item sent
    -gebes - partial payment received as agreed to, Item sent
    -arnjot - Payment received, Item sent
    -deetsay - payment received, Item sent

Queue for the next batch
    -PRS
    -0001agima
    -gdunlapsd
    -michaeljk
    -B_G_L
    -Magic

Batch after that will be maybe two-three weeks later
    -Sim085
    -Alainneke
    -Mkopack73
    -MoRetro
    -Nowee
    -PorkLip
    -BuzzBrain
    -Mattup
    Last edited by Robban; Yesterday at 09:31. Reason: Update queue

Country
    Germany
    Region:
    Europe, Cologne
    Feedback
    2 (100%)

Interested in one. Send PM later

Country
    United Kingdon
    Region:
    Edinburgh
    Feedback
    3 (100%)

Interested, will send PM. Will any Raspberry Pi work, or is there a preferred one to use ?

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian VIP
    Amibayer!
    Country
    Oslo
    Region:
    Oslo
    Feedback
    27 (100%)

Interested, will PM
    Been away for a long time, time for comeback?

Country
    Finland
    Region:
    Åland Islands
    Feedback
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gebes View Post
    Interested, will send PM. Will any Raspberry Pi work, or is there a preferred one to use ?
    I have only tried RPI2B and RPI3B(+), but there should not be any problems using any version of the pi except the "A" versions. They might not physically fit without removing the bottom EMI-shield of the Amiga.

Name:	IMG_20190908_214521.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	202.5 KB 
ID:	153175
    The very first model Pi 1 has a different pinout for the GPIO also, so care must be taken to match the pins on the board. The only ones used are 5V power, ground, and the SPI pins.

Do note that the RPI4 has a significantly higher power draw than previous models also. This might put extra strain on your PSU.
    I have tested the cards with a RPI3B and a TF534 accelerator on an A500+ with a stock lightweight 4.5A@5V power supply and that works no problems. The same setup causes some noise in the video signal with a stock lightweight 2.5A PSU. If it is a concern, then maybe a Raspberry Pi Zero (W) is the best choice, since they have much lower power reqirements.

I'd say that the RPI3B is the sweet spot, decent power requirements, quite fast (for interacting with the Amiga even the rpi1 is plenty fast enough), and has built in WiFi. The internet part is quite a big plus, since you can do stuff like SSH from your Amiga, wget things directly from aminet to the shared folder from workbench, or share the pidisk-folder via samba, giving you the ability to just drag and drop files from Windows to the Amiga. All while still running a stock 68000 on WB 1.3 if you so wish
    Last edited by Robban; 16th January 2020 at 08:01. Reason: Add picture showing EMI-shield clearance

Country
    Finland
    Region:
    Säynätsalo
    Feedback
    34 (100%)

I declare interest in one!
    tero

Country
    Dutchieland (Netherlands)
    Region:
    Utr
    Feedback
    25 (100%)

Interested in one
    Amiga 500 Rev.3 (stock) and 500 Plus (2MB chip, GVP A530 8MB, A500Flash)
    CDTV (2MB chip, 8MB fast, SCSI, kickstartswitch)
    Amiga 1200d Rev. 1d4 (BPPC 66/333Mhz, BVision, HxC floppy, PicoPSU, RapidRoad)
    Amiga 4000d (Cyberstorm mk III 68060@50Mhz, Picasso IV, RapidRoad)

Country
    United Kingdon
    Region:
    Edinburgh
    Feedback
    3 (100%)

Thanks for the detailed response, I've got a modern meanwell PSU I'd use rather than a stock one. I have pm'd you
    Last edited by gebes; 16th January 2020 at 11:26. Reason: Updated with detail

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian VIP
    Amibayer!
    Country
    Oslo
    Region:
    Oslo
    Feedback
    27 (100%)

Payment sent by PayPal friends payment.
    Been away for a long time, time for comeback?

Country
    Finland
    Region:
    Säynätsalo
    Feedback
    34 (100%)

Payment made!
    tero

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast