Not open for further replies.

gifair

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Country
Denmark
Region
Djursland
I recently picked up a used Amstrad CPC 464 at a flee market, and since I'm not really into Amstrad I figured I would pass it on to someone who is ;-)

The unit seems to be the "older" version with the longer pcb and to my untrained eye it seems completely stock/original.

Functionality
As suggested by Bryce (thank you) I found an old 5V/2.5A cisco PSU that I had laying around and connected it to the Amstrad it seemed like a perfect match.
When I turn on the power the light comes on, and when I keep "DEL" pressed down it makes a sound - as far as I can tell the unit is working.

I don't have any Amstrad specific cables/items so I'm not able to do any more detailed testing (ideas are welcome).

Cosmetically
The unit is in good physical condition (although a bit dusty/dirty) except for a scratch just above the logo, I imagine it will be easy to cover the scratch using a pen.

Shipping
The unit will be shipped with insurance and tracking. Pickup & inspection are also available in Denmark.
Kindly allow a few days for shipping.

Price
Asking price is 40 GBP or equivalent in another currency + shipping costs for the Amstrad alone.
+5 GBP (45total) and I will include the Cisco 5v PSU
Paypal is the preferred mode of payment - gift-option sounds like the simplest but am open to alternatives assuming the buyer pays any costs associated.

IMG_4090.jpgIMG_4099.jpgIMG_4103.jpgIMG_4113.jpg

Last edited:
The simplest test you can do with almost zero equipment is to power it with 5V (negative on outside, PSU should be able to deliver about 2A). Turn it on, check that the LED comes on, make sure the volume is turned up and hold down the DEL key. If it makes beeping sounds, the computer is functional. You can do this test without a monitor or any further hardware connected.

Bryce.

Thanks Bryce - I found an old 5v/2.5A cisco psu (perfect match) and did the test - the light comes on and it beeps when I hold down DEL key as sugested.

The simplest test you can do with almost zero equipment is to power it with 5V (negative on outside, PSU should be able to deliver about 2A). Turn it on, check that the LED comes on, make sure the volume is turned up and hold down the DEL key. If it makes beeping sounds, the computer is functional. You can do this test without a monitor or any further hardware connected.

Bryce.

Then it works perfectly. The only possible thing it might need is a new belt on the tape drive.

Bryce.

Any idea if this test is valid on a 6128 too?

Yes, it will test everything except the disk drive. It can also be done with just the 5V supply connected.

Bryce.

Amstrad received, everything is good. Positive feedback will follow, need to access my pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom