Not open for further replies.

rmadden

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
United States of America
Region
Illinois
[FONT=&quot]I have an Amiga 1200 that I recently pulled out of moth balls. I powered the unit on and discovered that the internal floppy drive, while it spins up, doesn't ready disks. A search of YouTube led me to several videos demonstrating self floppy repairs. While I'm not a tech newbie, I realized that this was somewhat beyond my abilities. I did connect an external floppy (that works!!) and was able to boot to Workbench but couldn't get much further past that point. It appears my Amiga Mouse may be malfunctioning. Because of this, I was unable to check HDToolbox to try to figure out why my hard drive failed to boot.

Anyway, where I'm going with this is, is there a reputable repair person or center in the U.S. that would be able to diagnose the issues and then repair them? Of course, the unit will have to be recapped as well. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.[/FONT]

You can move the cursor with keyboard keys:
Amiga + Cursor Keys = movement
Amiga + Left Alt = left click
Amiga + Right Alt = right click

so you can check some other stuff out even without a working mouse. It's a pain in the ass but works.

As for repairs maybe check out Acill? I believe he's US based.
http://www.acill.com/

Last edited:
Hi rmadden you should ask the moderators to move this thread to the services part of this forum this is the best place to ask for repairs

@timtheloon

Thanks and moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom