Super Zaxxon cartridge - REPLICA

axel81

Country
Italia
Region
Monza Brianza
Dear all
I would like to introduce you that I will soon have the "Super Zaxxon" cartridge on sale (replica)

Why this replica? Three reasons

1) It is a beautiful game.:)

2) It is very useful to check if a replacement PLA is good (glitc problem):cool:

3) I love this pcb layout (check 3D rendering):roll:

I would like to understand (if possible and if you want) if there is someone who would be interested.
At the moment through other sources there are about 75 requests/interested

The price will depend on the production ... so it could vary from € 20 to € 35 ... but it could be even less.

Thanks (y)

3drender_preview.jpg

Unless it's abandonware you probably cant sell it here but pretty cool all the same

is not abandonware yet?:)

Attachments

• Super Zaxxon_accesa (FILEminimizer).jpg
    Super Zaxxon_accesa (FILEminimizer).jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1
There's a fine line when it comes to abandonware. Even if the creator abandons a copyrighted work, it does not become public property automatically. The copyright on the work exists until the copyright expires, the duration of which varies from country to country. Would be best to check and not just assume.
Nice replica by the way :)

EDIT.
Removed further info on abandonware seeing this is not permitted to be sold on Amibay.
(y)

Last edited:
is not abandonware yet?:)

There are plenty of other places to buy this item as a REPLICA and blank PCB's in various layouts are available commercially, so as far as I am concerned this is cleared to proceed.

Last edited:
As this item is merely a heads-up and not currently for sale here on Amibay , the thread has been relocated to General Chat.

Hi Miggymad
It means that it is possible to sell here on Amibay?I have already some of these cartridge

I'm sorry but I believe this goes against Amibays Rules even if it is deemed abandonware

You can only sell what you legally own:
You may only sell what you own, or have been authorised to sell. In regards to software and firmware devices - unauthorised copies are not permitted to be sold on AmiBay. In particular, there is no legal definition of the term 'abandonware'.

Please see the section on programmable devices for more information about AmiBay's policies on this matter.

it's the same has amiga games on a CF alot of them are so called "Abandonware" but we can only sell them on a CF if the original is provided

Last edited:
Maybe this one has been over looked too, I'm just going off what the rules say I've asked the lead Mod to confirm whether this can get the go ahead to go on sale or not.

The reason I cleared this was because an edit had auto-moderated the topic in the above post.

I'm afraid that the rules are quite clear - if this is a COPY then it can't be sold on AmiBay as this risks AmiBay being closed down by the original copyright owners.

That's the reason we always state that a CF full of software must also include the original media.

And yet it has been done in the past by a serving member of the admin team on this forum. Nothing was said back then and clearly no rules were broken apparently, especially if you glance down the buyers list and note some of the high ranking names .

https://www.amibay.com/forum/want-t...a/68579-final-cartridge-iii-pcb-kit-pre-order

Hmmm copied PCBs and ROMs, can you smell the hypocrisy?

axel81 has done nothing wrong IMO and as it seems he is no longer able to sell them here, I can not only wish him best of luck on the forums where his products are allowed. I will also continue to actively support him through them as Amibay clearly does not.

Sardine you were spot on with this mate!
Miggymad and timtheloon ( who I was demanding he joined as a mod, i even badgered him to hurry up and join :D ) do currently have a nice spring in their step,,,, I give them 1 yr, please prove me wrong maybe 2yrs at most before they quit as same sh1t diff day with anything.

axel81 has done nothing wrong IMO and as it seems he is no longer able to sell them here, I can not only wish him best of luck on the forums where his products are allowed. I will also continue to actively support him through them as Amibay clearly does not.

No one has said axel81 has done wrong, he's stated about wanting to do this project and there was questions raised about if it would be allowed and we looking into it for him.
Maybe the rules were different back in 2014 I can't really say because I wasn't a member then, one year late to the party. :LOL:.

Last edited:
From post #35 of the topic you linked to
Since the legality of the ROM itself has come into question by a Lemon64 user, I will leave it up to anyone buying the kit to program whatever ROM they like to the chip. The hardware itself does not infringe on the copyright holder's intellectual property.

davideo so could axel81 sell it this way has a Kit maybe if he wanted too leaving the eprom blank

Last edited:
Forgive my lack knowledge with regards to both the Epyx FASTLOAD and The Final Cartridge III, but did either of these devices carry once copyrighted software or reversed engineered software?

Back
Top Bottom