Amiga 600 Case Saver Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is probably more efficient to send me an emal or PM directly. I may not always see changes in this thread and I don't want to leave you wondering. The international shipping situation is challenging at present.

Some countires implemented a 'essential shipments' only policy. No idea how they determine what is essential or not in any particular country, I don't know if these countires have ever publicly announced the criteria. It is also possible that USPS screwed up. I have had 4 international packages which were delayed and one lost that were shipped within a two week period in April. They seemed to have made it to Chicago and been sent to the wrong country or just disappeared. One to France showd back up in the USA then was sent out again and finally arrived.

Your package was dropped off at my local post office on 4/10/20 and the last tracking entry was on 4/29/20 which indicates it 'should' have been loaded on an airplane on its way to you. It has been nearly 4 weeks but as I don't know the situation with how international parcels are being handled in Oz I don't know what sort of time frame to tell you to expect. In normal times I a typical USPS first class parcel can take up to three weeks to arrive. If customs randomly pulls it for inspection, it can take 6-8 weeks and neither party will get any notice. The package to France I mentioned above took about 8 weeks, the one that got lost was also to France.

My suggestion is to check with your postal system about how they are handling 'non essential' packages. This my shed some light onto what to expect since you have several packages not show up yet. Give the package from me another two weeks to see if the tracking information is updated. That should be the outside range of the expected time frame for 'the new normal'. If you still don't receive it send me a PM.

After doing soem more research into missing international packages I found that USPS is shipping parcels to many countries in Europe via sea transport. Packages to France may not be delivered until July and Austraila will deliver international packages at some undisclosed date in the future. I PM'd the person asking about this directly but also wanted to let everyone know to check with your postal system on what delays to expect to/from another country. This also seems to change every other day as well.

interested in 1 kit shipped to the Netherlands

@Haider Sorry, for some reason I was not getting updates to this thread. Good news is that international shipping is now much better. I will PM you.

- - - Updated - - -

Received my sets in Australia last week... finally it wasn’t lost!
Cool.[emoji1303]

@Rakeim132 I'm sorry I did not respond sooner, I was not getting update notices on this thread. I'm glad tings arrived. I think I only had one package get lost in in the COVID mess but many like yours were 3 months late.

Also, some folks had asked about Amiga 1200 Case Saver kits in this thread so I am posting this update here incase you have subscribed to it for updates. I had forgotten to post the A1200 kit on AmiBay until today. You can find it at: https://www.amibay.com/showthread.p...now-available&highlight=amiga+1200+case+saver

Last edited:
Can you plese update photos with latest revision of clips?
Is it possible to order them from Europe, if not how long it takes to ship to Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom