Not open for further replies.

Jeff_Birt

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Rolla, MO
After coming out with the Case Saver kits for the C64 bread bin and 64C we started getting requests for a similar kit for the Amiga 600. The A600 uses similar 'hooks' as the VIC20 and early C64 bread bins but scaled down considerably. In addition to four back clips there are two clips on the side.

The back clips are made to slip in between the two original 'hooks' and can be used to repair broken clips or to bolster intact clips to keep them from breaking off in the future. The arch of the clip is very close to the original while keeping it as thick as possible for added strength. The 'wings' on the rear of the repair clip register against the original hooks to help align then and keep them in the proper place while the epoxy cures.

The side clips were tricky to make as there is not a lot of room to work with and we wanted them to also hold themselves into place while the epoxy cures. These repair clips are made to set over a broken clip that is filed flush, so there is a left and right hand side slip. The tip of the hook tapers down to the dimensions of the original clip while being stronger.

Each kit contains four of the rear repair kits and once each of the left and right side repair clips.

As these parts are very small and light we set up a special fixed rate shipping method for customers in the United States. This works similar to the International Fixed Rate we set up several months ago for the C64 repair kits.

NOTE:
Hi. I wanted to let you know about a fitment issue I found last evening, 3/26/20, with some floppy drives. The 'wings' I added to make gluing in the rear clips easier stick out too far and contact part of the floppy drive mounting bracket. I just modeled a new part without the 'wings' and in new kits two of the 'wingless' type and four of the original 'winged' type will be provided so that the ones with no 'wings' can be used on the right hand side by the floppy drive if needed. I'm sorry if that has cause a fitment issue for your floppy drive. If you have had any issue let me know.

Per the rules here are the prices. Note that the eBay prices are a bit higher as eBay takes a good sized bite out of every sale.

From my website: $5 for one kit, $4.25 for 2+. Shipping in USA starts around $2.50, shipping worldwide around $5.
From eBay: $6.95 for 1, $5.91 2+. Shipping in USA is $1.50, about $5 worldwide.

My website: https://www.soigeneris.com/amiga-600-case-saver-kit
eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amiga-600-Case-Saver-Kit/133363149614
Installation video: https://youtu.be/qYJHp-pm4-Y

A600_Kit_4.jpgA600_Kit_2.jpgRear Clip Model.PNGA600_Kit_1.jpg

Last edited:
Suppose these could also be used to fix the A1200 case as well, just don't need the side ones

That is a good question, I don't know, don't have an A1200 to measure up. On the C64/VIC20 bread bin cases I've come across seven different variations of the rear tabs. I would not bet on the A1200 being the same. When I manage to get my hands on one I'll measure it up.

Amiga 600 Case Saver Kits

Well i'll let you know when my order comes :LOL: I'm sure they are the same

Thought I would add some pictures

428deec6c8c46c6e58960eba004aba08.jpg

83f414d4b22ab1506a9644242922d1b9.jpg

Just need one extra back one for the 1200

- - - Updated - - -

has you can see this 600 is in need of this fix :LOL:

Last edited:
I just ordered a few packs and I'll try on my A1200.
I did DL a few things that look like this from Thingverse that are for the A1200 and they didn't didn't fit on my A600 as they were too wide.

Great stuff!

Thanks for the pictures! Please let me know how they fit. They are a solid print so they can be filed or trimmed if needed. When I can get my hands on an A1200 I'll do some precise measurements. The nice thing about having them just the right width is that the friction holds things in place while the epoxy cures.

I do have an A500 which I'll investigate next and compare to an A500 case someone is sending me that is in rough shape to see what can be done to fix those up too.

@Jeff_Birt

We are not a free advertising forum for other sites.

Please state a price within this thread as per the rules

OK, I'm not trying to break any rules.

I'm confused at the way you put this though. This whole section is folks selling stuff used parts, new stuff, repair services, etc. Is that not free advertising? Not trying to be argumentative here just a bit puzzled.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure they are the same

No, they are not same. I was designing and printing spare latches previous year.

That is good to know thanks.

Last edited:
@Jeff_Birt

When the A1200 ones make an appearance, I will certainly be buying :)

Last edited:
NOTE: Hi. I wanted to let you know about a fitment issue I found last evening, 3/26/20, with some floppy drives. The 'wings' I added to make gluing in the rear clips easier stick out too far and contact part of the floppy drive mounting bracket. I just modeled a new part without the 'wings' and in new kits two of the 'wingless' type and four of the original 'winged' type will be provided so that the ones with no 'wings' can be used on the right hand side by the floppy drive if needed. I'm sorry if that has cause a fitment issue for your floppy drive. If you have had any issue let me know.

Last edited:
@Rakeim, your package is going out in todays post. I can't send you the tracking number in a PM as it says your box is full.

Never received so far... C19 issue maybe. I don’t know.
Lots of stuff bought in Amibay never arrived in the last 2 months...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom