Cybervision3D scan doubler help

drugkito

Country
Croatia
Region
KC
Before i start prodding the thing trying to figure out what's going on, I was wondering if anyone encountered something similar or has any ideas.
Maybe it's something simple or I did something wrong.

Config is A4000D, scandoubler alone on the daughterboard, not connected to CV3D, J1 and J2 jumpers are closed (actually behaves the same regardless of jumper settings if i remember correctly).

Anyway, I'm getting approx. left half of the picture stretched horizontally like on the pic (colors are fine, they're off on pic due to lighting or whatever). Tried on multiple monitors, same thing.

IMG-7351477bb8513d2c1659cce6255c9038-V.jpg

Is there a tool like the picasso to configure the output?

Haven't had the time to play with it some more, but just to answer the above:
tim: thanks for the link, but I've already checked it out before plugging the thing
fitzsteve: should work out of the box i guess, without any config or cv3d plugged in

As part of restoration of my A4000, I did however check out all the traces to the busboard and everything appears to be in order.
Guess I'll have to start probing the thing unless someone who has seen similar problem steps up.

On multiple pics of the card here and on other sites I've seen that DAC's _BLANK pin is tied high via a patch wire, suspecting it could have been a post manufacturing fix of a sort but on my card this also appears to be in order.

Last edited:
Have you tried it in a different Amiga??

also I can take pictures of CV64 scandoubler board if you like

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys, got it working now.
In completely unexciting turn of events, error came down to the lousy connector on the daughter board.

20200401_232217.jpg

Mines dead its with chucky at the min

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

In completely unexciting turn of events, error came down to the lousy connector on the daughter board.

View attachment 155891

yeah those connection issues can be a pain, my Picasso IV used to play up (rolling screen) I think Davideo sorted me out with a spare daughter board that was more reliable in the end.

Do miss my A4000

happy days

Thanks for the offer will have a chat with Chucky about it I got a complete set with both parts not working so gave John the cybervision 3d to keep for a chance to get the scandoubler working. Poor John has been so Over worked with all the wonderful stuff he has been putting together

Back
Top Bottom