AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Country
Netherlands
Region
Wageningen
Hi all,

I've spent the last 10+ years collecting parts to make a complete A3000UX system and only recently succeeded with the final part (the 3-button mouse). I spent quite a few nights behind auctions sites bidding on critical parts, winning some, losing some. But it is time for the machine to find a new home.

I'm only selling the machine as a complete system and am not considering breaking it up into bits. I know many people are after the tape drive or the graphics card only. Sorry, no luck. It deserves to go to a collector that will keep this machine alive and bring it to Amiga events, contribute to software and online fora and just have good fun with it.

I've replaced the Quantum drive with a SCSI2SD 5.1 board with 2 partitions. One for AmigaDOS2 (which is installed to show the functioning system and will be removed before shipping) and one for AMIX (actually, this is a few partitions but ok). The AMIX tape is a copy of the original as the original installation was lost with the dead HD. Based on previous sales threads on Amibay I believe I can provide this with the machine as the license was included with the original hardware. If not I will remove the installation and provide guidance to the buyer.

There is no barrel or coin battery in the machine, it was removed 10 years ago when I got the machine. From the pictures it looks like there is a very little bit of corrosion on the board. It is unchanged for 10+ years and there is also some dust. Machine works 100% guaranteed and is a very clean and stable.

It's a beautiful machine - the A3000 already is. Original case screws on the side, mouse/keyboard connectors all clean etc.

Included:

- A3000UX based machine (25MHz 030/882)
- Kickstart "1.4" ROMs on the motherboard
- originally an 110V/NTSC model but currently running in 220V/PAL
- 8MB ZIP fast memory and 1MB chip memory
- Amiga Technologies keyboard (fairly white)
- 3-button mouse (313255-02)
- A2410 "Lowell" graphics board
- A2232 serial board with 2 serial adapter cables
- A2058 ethernet board
- Zeus Connexion Ethernet board
- A3070 tape drive
- SCSI2SD with mounting bracket
- Superkickstart 2.04 floppy disk
- AMIX boot floppies and tape

Notes:

- The floppy drive works but is a bit flaky, will sometimes report an error when there are none. Worked well enough to do the installs
- The A3070 tase drive needs an active terminator which I do not have. I've used another external SCSI device with a terminator to complete the SCSI chain
- The A2058 card tests OK in the early boot screen, is detected fine in AmigaOS and AMIX but does not provide power to the AUI transceiver. I am including the card because it belongs in the machine and also provide a Zeus Connexion Zorro Ethernet card. This one has the nice feature that with a jumper it acts like a A2058 card (even with the same AutoConfig IDs). This one works fine. See: http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/connexion
- I'm not including any power cables
- Monitor shown on the pictures is not included
- The network card needs an AUI transceiver (Centrecom or similar) which is not included

Local pickup in The Netherlands preferred but I can ship worldwide. I will pack in multiple boxes to prevent any damage or weight issues and share the photo's of the packages before shipping. The buyer can then agree or request different packaging as I can only ship under the buyers responsibility. Shipping will expensive but is very doable.

Feel free to ask any questions and please allow me a few days to pack everything properly if you want me to ship it to you.

edit:

- Some of the photo's of the screen look like crap, that is because it is a 1942 CRT screen. As you can see on the photos from the TFT the image is actually great. Amber works perfectly as well for the 31KHz screen (Workbench for example) and the VTY console of AMIX. Xwindows is running on the A2410 for which you need a second monitor, a monitor switcher or just move the cable (as I did for the photos).

Payment by Paypal (gift or + fees) or IBAN

Asking price 2250 euro

SOLD to 0001agima, payment received

Photo's:

Last edited:
as this one is sold.. i'd like to ask some detail questions on "A3000UX":
- the base was a normal A3000, right ? only the cover was from an A3000UX , i guess.. what about the type sticker on the back ... did original 3000UX show "UX" there?
- which Mainboard versions were used for the UX version? (9.x? or earlier ones?)

maybe someone does have a clue :)

as this one is sold.. i'd like to ask some detail questions on "A3000UX":
- the base was a normal A3000, right ? only the cover was from an A3000UX , i guess.. what about the type sticker on the back ... did original 3000UX show "UX" there?
- which Mainboard versions were used for the UX version? (9.x? or earlier ones?)

maybe someone does have a clue :)
AFAIK the mainboard is identical to a regular Amiga 3000D and the only noticeable difference is the case badge on the front. I also think 3000UX machines came with 1.4 ROMs (which is also what BBOAHsays : https://www.bigbookofamigahardware.com/bboah/product.aspx?id=26). This specific one is a 9/02. A non-UX 3000 will happily boot AMIX, no noticeable difference. You would miss the A2410 display card, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom