AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Dorset
Hi all,

I knew this would happen, and after kicking myself around the garden for a bit for selling exactly these things 7 or 8 years ago, I have decided a WTB post is needed!

My 1200 board is currently away for a recap, so in the meantime I have been using my accelerated A500, but some things are just not quite there, and I miss AGA colours ;)

So, I am after the following:

1) Amiga 1200 motherboard - must be fully working, and recapped and have the relevant timing fixes applied for Apollo/ACA accelerators where these are applicable and be in overall great shape. Revision not too important, but a 2B was in my machine before. Not looking to pay extortionate prices as on the other bay, as this is a stop gap and will then go as a spare until I get a 1200 tower sorted. Budget for the board, which would be for a recapped unit with relevant timing fixes applied is £150 to include postage to me, obviously less if not recapped.

2) An Apollo 1240 Accelerator. Speedwise I will consider whatever you may have, and whatever revision CPU you have, although the 25Mhz version would be the sweetspot for what I need right now. I have access to CPU and crystals, so lack of CPU and/or crystal or even RAM is not an issue. It must work and as a minimum have all custom chips present and correct and fully working. So a bare card minus cpu/ram/xtal will be considered providing the card has a socket for the '040. Again, pricewise, not looking to pay prices of the auction site as these were cheap as chips a few years back (AKA when I sold mine!). Budget for the card, if fully populated with RAM, 40Mhz CPU etc. approx. £230 including postage.

3) An Apollo 1260 Accelerator. Speedwise and CPU revision, any are fine. I'm not going to pay a premium for a Rev 6, as I have one here, so if it comes with one great, but I'm not overly bothered. An XC Rev 1 variant is fine by me. Must be provided fully working, doesn't need RAM, but price will be lower if no RAM provided. I will consider a bare board, but all chips including the custom MACH chips MUST be working. Ideally will have a socketed CPU so CPU can be changed more readily. Better price if it does have a PGA socket fitted. So, in short an Apollo 1260, with 64MB RAM (modded to take single RAM module of 64MB) and a Rev 6 CPU will get an offer around the £350 mark, which will include postage to me. Less RAM, no RAM mod, older processor revision will be less.

I am aware new 1240 and 1260 cards are now in BETA testing, so my prices may be changed to reflect this, so if you have one you no longer need, get in touch sooner rather than later, as I like the legacy stuff, but a new shiny accelerator on a new PCB etc. will be more attractive ;)

So, if you have any and or all of the above, please let me know. UK would be preferred, but will consider WW if needs be, but will heavily depend on postage prices!

If you have read this far, thank you (y)

Now let me see your wares ;)

Last edited:
Sill looking. Initial post updated as I will now consider an Apollo 1260.

could a mod please update the thread title to: WTB Amiga 1200 Motherboard, Apollo 1240 Accelerator card Or Apollo 1260 Accelerator

Thank you
(y)

Still looking. Please could a mod amend the listing title to 'WTB Amiga 1200 Motherboard, Apollo 1240 Accelerator card Or Apollo 1260 Accelerator'

Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom