Not open for further replies.

damanloox

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Country
IE
Region
Dublin
Looking for either non-functioning 800XL or keyboard alone.
Must be AWC 70166201 (the one pictured below).
Will consider (reasonably priced) working 800XL with the above keyboard..

post-8944-1176213089.jpg

Hi Daman, need to go looking, but I'm pretty sure I have a 800XL keyboard for you.

Is there a special reason why it has to be this exact model? They are all compatible.

Bryce.

Last edited:
Hi Daman, need to go looking, but I'm pretty sure I have a 800XL keyboard for you.
That would make me really happy :)
Is there a special reason why it has to be this exact model? They are all compatible.
It's my favourite type which I had when I was a teenager :). I purchased 800XL with that exact keyboard a few weeks ago but the keyboard PCB is broken (yes - broken..) and pretty much half of the switches are dead... I fixed the PCB with epoxy, repaired traces but dealing with all broken/non-working switches isn't really worth the time.. So - I'm looking for working one (or at least one that has only a few non-working switches...

Anyway - please let me know if you have the keyboard...

Hi Daman,
I found the keyboard, but it's the membrane type, not PCB. I have an 800XL with the PCB type, but (A) It's in Dublin and I'm in Germany (B) It was also cracked down the middle at one stage (in fact I bought it "new" like that) and has bridges over all the traces to keep it working.

Bryce.

well... I'll keep looking then but thanks for the effort!
BTW - if you're ever in IE I'll be happy to take that broken keyboard if you want to sell it (or the whole XL)... It should be fairly straightforward as I'm in IE (Dublin to be precise) as well ;)

In normal circumstances, I'd be in Dublin about 4 or 5 times per year, but for obvious reasons, this year is different.

Just to give you the background of the XL. I bought the 800XL in Dublin in the 80's from Peats of Parnell street, which I assume you'll know if you grew up there as I did. It was sold as junk because some idiot let a 14in TV fall on the keyboard while setting up a window display. It's a complete fully working computer now, as I bent the keyboard back straight and jumpered all the broken traces.

Bryce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom