Sold Sinclair ZX Spectrum Next Accelerated (UK only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mousey

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Hampshire
This is my ZX Spectrum Next Accelerated from Kickstarter, which after waiting over 3 years for has ended up being barely touched.

I have installed the latest 1.3.2 firmware, loaded a few things from the SD card, tested it with a Zipstick joystick (not included), and checked the wi-fi and real time clock works - but otherwise this is brand new and unplayed with.

Includes:
  • ZX Spectrum Next Accelerated computer; excellent condition, a few very minor marks from the manufacturing process (thankfully no major scratches or blemishes that some people had)
  • Box; in excellent condition, with just a tiny tear to the inside cardboard (just about visible as a white mark at the bottom right of where the computer sits)
  • Manual
  • PSU (and adapters); I have also included a PSU on/off switch, which is pretty much essential as an easy way to turn the Next on and off
  • Sinclair branded SD card
  • VGA cable with attached audio cable
  • This should be obvious, but just in case... the monitor and anything else not specified above is not included!

I used the VGA cable with my monitor, but you can also use HDMI (cable not included). Supposedly the timing is more accurate with VGA, which is why I went with it. However, please be aware that my configuration which works with my monitor might not work with yours, so you will need to configure it for your particular display. See specnext.com for guides etc.

Most of these have been selling on the other bay for silly money but I'd just like £450, which includes tracked and insured courier delivery by UPS. Please note this is a UK only sale. Payment by Paypal friends and family or bank transfer only.

IMG_3267 copy.jpgIMG_3268 copy.jpgIMG_3269 copy.jpgIMG_3270 copy.jpgIMG_3271 copy.jpg
IMG_3273 copy.jpgIMG_3274 copy.jpgIMG_3275 copy.jpgIMG_3276 copy.jpgIMG_3277 copy.jpg

I don't want it, but I really want to know why so many GB guys here on abmibay sell only to other GB residents?

PM from indigoprime replied to.

In answer to your question HeMe, in my case it's simply that I don't like the prospect of having to deal with the potential extra complications in the event that a parcel goes missing between the UK and the destination country. Having said that, I only apply this rule to more expensive items; I will and have sold items under £50 to countries all over the world.

@Mousey what did you reply to inigoprime about ?? He declared from the USA!! got a UK postal address ??

also to add I sent an item to Canada, retro item £35 he had to pay ( we didn't realise ) $24 in COD charges.. WOW!!!

Imagine the hidden costs on £450

@Sardine - I don't want to post other users personal information, but suffice to say don't worry, I won't be posting outside the UK! Also, you made a very good point about the customs charges, I hadn't even considered that!

@Mousey - payment sent - cheers!

@Sardine - I'm a Brit who's in the US at the moment, so no shenanigans. @Mousey is sending to a UK address for me. My back and forth travel is a little disrupted art the moment...

As for import duties, under HTS code
8471.41.01 "Comprising in the same housing at least a central processing unit and an input and output unit, whether or not combined" anything from the UK to the US is rated at a a lovey 0%.

Payment received, many thanks. Spectrum Next parcel delivery booked (due to be collected tomorrow for delivery Wednesday).

Package received! And feedback left. Thanks again Mousey.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom