For Sale TF536: 030+64 MB+IDE internal expansion for the A500

I've had mine for a week or so now and am super happy. But I want to hook up a 40 pin DOM to it so I got an adapter from 44 to 40 pins and when that's connected, the power light starts to blink and the computer just keeps rebooting. Remove it and everything works fine. Any advice on what adapter/cable/whatever to get, or should I just get a 44 pin DOM instead?

I've had mine for a week or so now and am super happy. But I want to hook up a 40 pin DOM to it so I got an adapter from 44 to 40 pins and when that's connected, the power light starts to blink and the computer just keeps rebooting. Remove it and everything works fine. Any advice on what adapter/cable/whatever to get, or should I just get a 44 pin DOM instead?

I haven't tried any of those as CF cards have always been enough for me, so I have no idea which ones are compatible. Definitely try a different one (44 pin).

After having tried the 3.1.4 ROM with the TF-536 in my rev 4.4 Amiga 2000-CR I can report that it works... sort of. It doesn't see the IDE controller so there is no way of booting from it with the 3.1.4 ROM installed. I think I heard Stephen talk about him having potential issues with 3.1.4 when he was testing the TF-534 (if memory serves) Not that it matters much to me, I'll gladly run 3.1. but maybe someone would like to know.

Last edited:
After having tried the 3.1.4 ROM with the TF-536 I can report that it works... sort of. It doesn't see the IDE controller so there is no way of booting from it with the 3.1.4 ROM installed. I think I heard Stephen talk about him having potential issues with 3.1.4 when he was testing the TF-534 (if memory serves) Not that it matters much to me, I'll gladly run 3.1. but maybe someone would like to know.

It works fine under 3.1.4 on my A500, the ide boot is a bit longer than on 3.1 but otherwise the IDE should be recognized without issues. The only reason it shouldn’t boot under 3.1.4 is if you accidentally burned a version for the wrong machine. Basically you need to be using the A600 version. You also might have an incompatible CF card but in this case it won’t work under 3.1 either.

After having tried the 3.1.4 ROM with the TF-536 I can report that it works... sort of. It doesn't see the IDE controller so there is no way of booting from it with the 3.1.4 ROM installed. I think I heard Stephen talk about him having potential issues with 3.1.4 when he was testing the TF-534 (if memory serves) Not that it matters much to me, I'll gladly run 3.1. but maybe someone would like to know.

It works fine under 3.1.4 on my A500, the ide boot is a bit longer than on 3.1 but otherwise the IDE should be recognized without issues. The only reason it shouldn’t boot under 3.1.4 is if you accidentally burned a version for the wrong machine. Basically you need to be using the A600 version. You also might have an incompatible CF card but in this case it won’t work under 3.1 either.

I have a A2000-CR rev 4.4 and autoboot works fine with 3.1. Maybe I need to reboot it a few times with 3.1.4 for it to find the IDE and boot?

It really should boot normally under 3.1.4. The initial drive seek is a bit longer but that’s all. See if you can find what version of scsi.device is contained in your rom?

It really should boot normally under 3.1.4. The initial drive seek is a bit longer but that’s all. See if you can find what version of scsi.device is contained in your rom?

It doesn't have one, it says when I try "version scsi.device" in WB 3.1.4: "object not found". So the egg is firmly on my face, as they say.

It doesn't have one, it says when I try "version scsi.device" in WB 3.1.4: "object not found". So the egg is firmly on my face, as they say.

I’d say you are using a version for a different machine then.

I’d say you are using a version for a different machine then.

Most likely. Sorry for the fuss.

Considering 3.1.4 can run with a 3.1 rom chip, I’d say leave that and load the modules from disk and you should be good to go.

Interested in one board (again) now that the A2k issues appear to be resolved.

Last edited:
The new FW solves some of the A500 issues as well, plus it gives a small boost to the IDE speed.

What issues are there with the A500? The reason I ask if that I'm having lockups that seem to be IDE related. If I download a file via FTP directly to the CF drive I get lockups within the first meg or so of data being transferred. If I download to the ramdisk I don't have any problems. Also, I'm able to send/receive plenty of ICMP traffic that doesn't get written to disk and don't have any problems either. Seems the only thing that causes the problem is traffic on the IDE interface.

The new FW solves some of the A500 issues as well, plus it gives a small boost to the IDE speed.

What issues are there with the A500? The reason I ask if that I'm having lockups that seem to be IDE related. If I download a file via FTP directly to the CF drive I get lockups within the first meg or so of data being transferred. If I download to the ramdisk I don't have any problems. Also, I'm able to send/receive plenty of ICMP traffic that doesn't get written to disk and don't have any problems either. Seems the only thing that causes the problem is traffic on the IDE interface.

That sounds to me like a MaxTransfer issue. Can you double check what value is it set at? This emulates the A600/1200 IDE interface so all the same rules apply. Also, it would be helpful to post this on the exxos forum and see if anyone else has encountered something similar.

The only known issue of the previous firmware was the slow Turrican intro music.

Last edited:
That sounds to me like a MaxTransfer issue. Can you double check what value is it set at? This emulates the A600/1200 IDE interface so all the same rules apply. Also, it would be helpful to post this on the exxos forum and see if anyone else has encountered something similar.

The only known issue of the previous firmware was the slow Turrican intro music.

Max Transfer was set to 1FE00, I tried changing it to FE00 but had the same problem. I'll start a thread on exxos. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom