Thread: TF536: 030+64 MB+IDE internal expansion for the A500

Country
    Canada
    Region:
    N/A
    Feedback
    88 (99%)

Default TF536: 030+64 MB+IDE internal expansion for the A500

This card is a port of the TF330 to the A500 and as such it features the same specs: 64MB ZIII SDRam, 68030 CPU clocked at 50 MHz and IDE interface. The performance is roughly identical to that of the 330.

The card needs kickstart 37.300 or higher to be able to boot from the IDE (3.1 recommended). I have shipped a small number of prebuilt cards but will be actively building more, so more will be available in the future. The first batch will be up to 30 units, and if there is more demand more will be ordered. Also the COVID emergency is slowing deliveries so it takes longer for the parts to get to me.

EDIT: I will reply to everyone in order, just please be patient as the initial demand is always higher so I may take a day or two to get back to you.

Options available:
    1) TF536 card only $155 USD
    2) TF536 card+relocator $160 USD

Please send PayPal payments as "friends & family" or add the relevant PayPal fee.

Due to the cost of this expansion, I am only shipping it tracked and insured; Everything is shipped via UPS only (except domestic)

Shipping to most of Western Europe is $20.
    Shipping to most of Eastern Europe (e.g. Poland) is $25
    Shipping to the USA is $10 tracked+insured.
    Shipping to Australia/New Zealand is $26 (tracked+insured).
    Shipping to Canada is based on location: PEI/NB/QC/ON: C$12, NL, NS, MB, SK, AB, BC: C$16

Also offered for sale elsewhere.

**Shipped to: Paradroid90, Challenger, Nowee, ifrit05, grbrady, Beska, upsnowman, Maximilian0017, manmax, rainbowat, voyager2, thomas_villagers, upsnowman, kiwatiger, marksealey and MarkJPK, IamGroot, chatopirulo, suppah, umberto1st, mlenardon, cugar124, lakrits, edolnx, nikoskon74, oldskool1, bartekmalyz, joeuser, nine, ericgla, JonathanHunt, matt020, Flash951, oldman1000, mlenardon, XLV2K
    **Next in line: *malandante, *Fularu, *kavven, knoid, radiokida, cyberstormer, twbrown, knightstone, locnar, tandrews_ny

(users with a '*' next to their name have been contacted)

FAQS:

Q: Will this card work on the A1000?
    A: Not without a kickstart ROM adapter. The default A1000 roms crash on 68030.

Q: Will this card work on the A2000/CDTV/A500 with A570 CD-ROM drive?
    A: Yes, but not every Zorro expansion will work with it. While this card is a lot more compatible with Zorro expansions than the 534, certain ones may fail to work. Specifically the SCSI cards that try to DMA into fast ram. The same applies to the CDTV and the A570 (the CD-ROM won't work). WARNING: this card will not fit inside an unmodded CDTV. I don't own one and I have never seen one in real life, so I don't know any details on how this may fit physically inside. You may need a specific CDTV relocator (not provided by me) or another solution. I can't provide ANY support with regards to the CDTV.

Q: Is the relocator necessary to use this card?
    A: Not at all, it is only necessary to be able to close the A500 case. You won't need it on the A2000.

Q: What IDE device can I use?
    A: You should be able to use most CF cards. There are certain that won't work, but the majority should be fine.

Q: My IDE performance is very slow, what can I do?
    A: Copy the kickstart image into fast ram (via CPU FASTROM option or the MMU library) and the overall performance will increase significantly.

Q: I can't get the card to boot.
    A: Please ensure that you have plugged it properly. Check that every pin is aligned exactly with the 68000 socket. Some A500 motherboards have a tall cap that may prevent the expansion from being plugged in. In this case you may have to bend or replace the capacitor.

Q: Will this card work on Atari ST?
    A: Not out of the box. A special Atari firmware may be available later.

Looking for the TF330? You can find my listing here: http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?104748-TF330-030-64MB-RAM-IDE-complete-expansion-for-the-CD32
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 536.jpg   aibb.png   sysinfo.png  
    Last edited by alenppc; Yesterday at 21:01.

Hello AlenPPC,
    What would the card cost without the 68030 but tested as normal?

Thanks!!
    Marcel

Edit: Will this also work with an A2000 (CPU board) relocator?, and do you also sell those?
    Last edited by Maximilian0017; 29th May 2020 at 15:59.

Country
    Canada
    Region:
    N/A
    Feedback
    88 (99%)

post removed as requested
    Last edited by alenppc; 30th May 2020 at 01:36.

C64 Junkie Amibayer! Paradroid90's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Region:
    Chatham Kent
    Feedback
    92 (100%)

Hi AlenPPC will this work the relocator from TF534 from DJCook? Presume it does. I am interested in at least the board
    Commodore 128,NIC+ Cart,SD2IEC and1541C. Commodore 64c,Jiffy DOS,SIDFX, Red Kickstarter Case + 1541 Ultimate II. Acorn Electron, Plus 1 Expansion, Master Turbo Board, AP6,MGC and ElectronMMC+CFInterface. Draco64 + DragonMMC.Commodore 64c Night Moves and Hollywood Packs. Amstrad 6128 with HXC Floppy Emulator. Commodore VIC 20 + 32k Hotrod Upgrade and Princess SD.

Country
    Canada
    Region:
    Quebec
    Feedback
    1 (100%)

AlenPPC,

I got rid of my TF534 because I was memory starved with my ZZ. But this has 64Mb of RAM.
    Very interesting card. Have you tested this with the A2000?

Thank-you.

Country
    Canada
    Region:
    N/A
    Feedback
    88 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradroid90 View Post
    Hi AlenPPC will this work the relocator from TF534 from DJCook? Presume it does. I am interested in at least the board
    Every relocator performs the same function, so it should work just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ProfPlum View Post
    AlenPPC,

I got rid of my TF534 because I was memory starved with my ZZ. But this has 64Mb of RAM.

Thank-you.
    I don't have an A2000 to test it with, but Stephen who designed the board did so, so it should work fine.

Country
    Canada
    Region:
    Quebec
    Feedback
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ProfPlum View Post
    AlenPPC,

Thank-you.

I don't have an A2000 to test it with, but Stephen who designed the board did so, so it should work fine.
    Ok thank-you. Now you have me thinking.
    Last edited by Sardine; 29th May 2020 at 19:52. Reason: removed price comment

Country
    Canada
    Region:
    N/A
    Feedback
    88 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian0017 View Post
    Hello AlenPPC,

Edit: Will this also work with an A2000 (CPU board) relocator?, and do you also sell those?
    It should work, but you have to pull out the 68000. I don't sell those. Thanks.

Mega AmiMod
    Staff Moderator
    Country
    England
    Region:
    Merseyside
    Feedback
    233 (100%)

@ALL

please remember asking for splits is NOT allowed as is commenting on the Price.
    Also the OP is not allowed to offer a split to a direct question ( How much if i don't have this part..... DO NOT REPLY )

if there is no option to split ( for example without CPU ) DO NOT ASK.

also asking for a shipping quote , will it work in XYZ etc is not a declaration of interest so please dont be ambiguous in your requests to have disappointment later

thanks
    Last edited by Sardine; 29th May 2020 at 19:54.

C64 Junkie Amibayer! Paradroid90's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Region:
    Chatham Kent
    Feedback
    92 (100%)

Funds Sent
    Commodore 128,NIC+ Cart,SD2IEC and1541C. Commodore 64c,Jiffy DOS,SIDFX, Red Kickstarter Case + 1541 Ultimate II. Acorn Electron, Plus 1 Expansion, Master Turbo Board, AP6,MGC and ElectronMMC+CFInterface. Draco64 + DragonMMC.Commodore 64c Night Moves and Hollywood Packs. Amstrad 6128 with HXC Floppy Emulator. Commodore VIC 20 + 32k Hotrod Upgrade and Princess SD.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast